QB target: Tyrod Taylor

OILERMAN

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.   I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can com

If Taylor threatens MM then MM's not the answer anyway

This is your problem. you are projecting your feelings onto jrob and vrabel while ignoring whats right in front of you. The team has been upfront about Mariota needing rest not surgery to get healthy

It's more intriguing than Flacco for sure.  Lot's of teams looking for QBs though.  Might not be able to get him to come in as a backup.  This has to be one of the more attractive locations for a backup QB though.  The starter is constantly hurt and on the ropes.  You have to figure you're going to get a shot to play at some point.  

No options in the draft and Foles will cost way more than he's worth if he even wanted to come here.  Flacco will get a shot to start somewhere and there just isn't much else out there.  Bridgewater?  But that's a long shot imo as well.  

Even if they managed to snag Taylor, I would be tempted to take another flier on a guy in the draft if there is someone they like on day 3.  

Seems like a great idea if he's willing to sign with the Titans. I wonder if he still thinks he should have an inside track to a starting job somewhere though. He may find somewhere else willing to have a genuine open competition at QB for 2019.

Backing up MM may be a decent prospect for a guy resigned to being a backup, but I don't know if Taylor is there yet. Maybe after this upcoming stop. Basically he seems more like Gabbert joining the 49ers than the Titans.

Edited by OzTitan

2 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Seems like a great idea if he's willing to sign with the Titans. I wonder if he still thinks he should have an inside track to a starting job somewhere though. He may find somewhere else willing to have a genuine open competition at QB for 2019.

Maybe he'd have a chance at the starting spot with the Titans based on MM injury status and play. He wouldn't exactly be behind Luck, Watson or Mahomes 

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Maybe he'd have a chance at the starting spot with the Titans based on MM injury status and play. He wouldn't exactly be behind Luck, Watson or Mahomes 

Behind Luck, as a backup you had a whole year including offseason program to be a starter.

But what I'm saying is, even though backing up MM looks good as far as being a backup who wants to see real game time goes, it doesn't compare to going somewhere which will have a proper competition for the starting role in camp & preseason. Although that can be hard to predict as early as free agency so in a way perhaps backing up MM is more predictable.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mariota 15 - great rookie year bright futuee

Mariota 16- bad play, new coaches new OC injuries give him a break 

Mariota 17- inconsistent play, no weapons, new system injuries give him another year

Mariota 18- same shit different year 

Mariota 19- fuck it

2016 mariota? Try harder