Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Antonio Brown

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If I had to guess right now JRob's two early targets in FA will be a veteran WR and a top notch C/OG, they will make one final push to see if Mariota can be the long term answer at QB.

OLB

Huston   

I think Outside linebacker will be priority, they will probably just replace Spain and have Levin battle it out with Smith at center. Wr is third on my list.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If I had to guess right now JRob's two early targets in FA will be a veteran WR and a top notch C/OG, they will make one final push to see if Mariota can be the long term answer at QB.

I’m not a particular fan of this strategy, but if we get a good WR in FA then so be it. MM is about to be on his fifth OC. Just brutal to do that to the guy. Add in the injuries and it doesn’t make much sense putting your hopes in this process. That’s why Robinson openly stated continuity was what they were seeking. He’s basically going on a Hail Mary a guy like MM can stay healthy and process yet another offense. 

Since this is the route you have to give him more legitimate weapons and tell him the entire year that his future depends on him releasing the ball. Throw it at a WRs feet before taking a hit. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Huston   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I would do everything to sign Za'Darius Smith, but I think JRob will think the draft will be a better option for OLB.

He is probably their number one target but I dont see them drafting one real early, not good to have 3 of your top outside backers with only 2 years experience between them in a complicated defense.

Just now, headhunter said:

Some QBs have to learn new systems all the time and do great in year 1.

5 in 5 years? Yeah...no. It’s an absolute disaster for the franchise to have put this environment around him. 

Huston   
1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Some QBs have to learn new systems all the time and do great in year 1.

Who has had success with 4 new systems in their first 5 years, Alex Smith maybe and his came after 10 years.

ctm   

The Titans don't have as much cap space as some fantasy off season posters want you to believe.  Spotrac shows 37M for all contracts which is more than the required 53.  I'd estimate around 40M which is middle of the pack for the league.

I don't see JRob signing over 1 player with a contract that exceeds 8M or so.  I think that guy is a vet WR if they can find one they like with a suitable contract.  I'd guess someone like Tyrell Williams or Adam Humphries.....a young guy coming out of his rookie deal.

I also think there is some depth at the OLB spot in the draft, into the 3rd round or so.  Any quality guy at this spot is going to be expensive in free agency.

Edited by ctm

1 minute ago, ctm said:

The Titans don't have as much cap space as some fantasy off season posters want you to believe.  Spotrac shows 37M for all contracts which is more than the required 53.  I'd estimate around 40M which is middle of the pack for the league.

I don't see JRob signing over 1 player with a contract that exceeds 8M or so.  I think that guy is a vet WR if they can find one they like with a suitable contract.  I'd guess someone like Tyrell Williams or Adam Humphries.....a young guy coming out of his rookie deal.

Don't forget JRob was willing to get involved in the Suh sweepstakes late in FA last year, he has shown if the right player is available money won't be a restriction.

ctm   
2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Don't forget JRob was willing to get involved in the Suh sweepstakes late in FA last year, he has shown if the right player is available money won't be a restriction.

Every year is different.  IIRC, the Titans had around 55M going into last off season.  Now they have around 40M.  The Titans also have Byard's new contract, Conklin's 5th year option and possibly a new deal for MM on the table for next year.  JRob is unlikely to use up all the 40M this year and not roll over anything.

Antonio Brown doesn't fit on this team.

I think Steelers trade him to San Francisco by swapping 1st round picks.

OzTitan   

It's probably less about the cap room and more about the owner's willingness to hand out signing bonuses. The unreported real salary cap that varies from team to team.

Edited by OzTitan

44 minutes ago, ctm said:

I also think there is some depth at the OLB spot in the draft, into the 3rd round or so.  Any quality guy at this spot is going to be expensive in free agency.

Fantasy offseason? Lol stop being dense. Our WR group is extremely thin. Are we trying to compete for a SB or not? I said I would trade for him, sign Sanders (apparently that needs a trade as well) or at least sign Tate. I’m glad you’re content with us not ever spending the money it takes to compete. We will end up 9-7 again hoping for a wildcard if we go this route. Spend the money and deal with it as you go. If good players have to be cut then that means the FO is doing its job and we get compensatory picks. 

ctm   
5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Fantasy offseason? Lol stop being dense. Our WR group is extremely thin. Are we trying to compete for a SB or not? I said I would trade for him, sign Sanders (apparently that needs a trade as well) or at least sign Tate. I’m glad you’re content with us not ever spending the money it takes to compete. We will end up 9-7 again hoping for a wildcard if we go this route. Spend the money and deal with it as you go. If good players have to be cut then that means the FO is doing its job and we get compensatory picks. 

I was going to be polite.  fantasy off season = Kyle, who wants to sign everyone

Few posters have pushed harder to upgrade the WR core than me.  But there is a right way and wrong way to do it.  Giving up a 1st round pick for a 22M contract is an extremely bad idea, imo.