Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Antonio Brown

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Putting the potential locker room issues aside Brown will be 31y/o by the time training camp rolls around, a first round pick is a tonne to give up for a 31y/o non QB.

Age means little to a technician. He has at least another 4-5 years of top level play. We aren’t going to do it, but I would if we are actually going all in on seeing if Marcus is the future. 

So we trade for Brown and watch Marcus gets hurt. We have a 22 cap hit towards one player and then Brown is gonna be a huge diva about stats. Its huge a risk and thats an understatement. 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

So we trade for Brown and watch Marcus gets hurt. We have a 22 cap hit towards one player and then Brown is gonna be a huge diva about stats. Its huge a risk and thats an understatement. 

Of course it would be a huge risk. I’ve already said I think we should cut Marcus. But if we won’t extend him and go into year five still hoping for him to be the guy then our WR core is pathetic. At least go hard for Sanders in FA, who is going to get paid. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Of course it would be a huge risk. I’ve already said I think we should cut Marcus. But if we won’t extend him and go into year five still hoping for him to be the guy then our WR core is pathetic. At least go hard for Sanders in FA, who is going to get paid. 

Sanders is still contracted to the Broncos.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Sanders is still contracted to the Broncos.

Is that right? Ugly. I thought he was an FA after hearing people talking about us going for him. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Is that right? Ugly. I thought he was an FA after hearing people talking about us going for him. 

Still contracted till the end of the 2019 season, people have been talking about Tate not so much Sanders.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob pretty much said this was a priority in his media tour yesterday.

I still wouldn’t mind the idea of Brown via trade and Tate in FA. It’s a lot of mouths to feed, but the cap is pretty meaningless. We’ve been 9-7 3 years straight and have continued to lose to Indy. If we want to win the South we have to take some chances on getting genuine playmaker out there. As of now we have two, one who doesn’t really catch the ball. 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I still wouldn’t mind the idea of Brown via trade and Tate in FA. It’s a lot of mouths to feed, but the cap is pretty meaningless. We’ve been 9-7 3 years straight and have continued to lose to Indy. If we want to win the South we have to take some chances on getting genuine playmaker out there. As of now we have two, one who doesn’t really catch the ball. 

If I had to guess right now JRob's two early targets in FA will be a veteran WR and a top notch C/OG, they will make one final push to see if Mariota can be the long term answer at QB.

ctm   
17 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob pretty much said this was a priority in his media tour yesterday.

He's been reading my posts.