Antonio Brown

AussieTitanFan08

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I have no interest in Brown coming to the Titans, just think where Brown ends up is going to be one of the big story lines of the NFL offseason.

No surprise that many are interpreting this as a call for other teams to come get him.

He will end up being a Patriot. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brown has turned into an unrepentant asshole. I don't know what his deal is but he's really acting bizarre, like he borderline has mental issues. I think he might be bitter about JuJu considering his

Big Ben is a garbage human being and the locker room seems to be deteriorating.  You love seeing it.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There is absolutely no way the Steelers trade him to the Patriots.

You got it backwards, there is absolutely no way the Patriots take Antonio Brown from the Steelers. 

Antonio Brown will be 31 before 2019, he's got multiple years left on his contract and he's at his peak skill level. He's acting like an idiot to get released or traded to get a new deal. He knows if he plays out his deal he'll be older and will never get a monster deal again. 

Paying top WRs like OBJ and Brown is stupid even if they are great and don't cause trouble. 

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Paying top WRs like OBJ and Brown is stupid even if they are great and don't cause trouble. 

D Hopkins is the best WR in my opinion.  In 2017 he had 1300+ yards 95 catches with 13 tds in 15 games, in 2018 he had 1500+ yds 115 catches with 11 tds in 16 games.  Not much difference IMO.  Team finished first this year and last the previous in the same division.  Watson is the difference.  It’s all about the QB.

Edited by FRT

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If he actually was smart enough for that it's smart... Why go to a team that lost a lot of future value to get you

It's a win-win-win for everyone involved if he gets traded while still keeping up these antics

He might not be that smart but he’s got smart people in his corner. It’s also a great way to give the Steelers the finger on the way out. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001013551/article/jerome-bettis-worries-about-antonio-browns-legacy

"There's that issue where they gotta kinda talk through those things, but I would hate for this to be the end of his career [in Pittsburgh]," Bettis said. "But also I think for his legacy, when I think you look at him 10 years down the road, I don't want that this moment defining the player he is, because he's much more than this issue; incredible football player and he's a really good person if you get a chance to know him."

This is the Steeler way.  It's more than team.  Players identify with the organization differently than other players do with their teams.  The Patriots have a way.  Like the Steelers, they demand excellency.  Both franchises understand how to handle their finances.  The Patriots way, play here, play well and be rewarded with a big contract elsewhere.  Steelers way, play well, play here for your career for fame of being a Steeler, but "dis I money"

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting little bit from Peter King's FMIA Column today, seems there isn't much of a market for Antonio Brown.

"4. I think the market for Antonio Brown might be so low the Steelers could find their best option is to keep him—even if it means they may have to cut him in October if he becomes disruptive again. Brown’s a gamble, but the upside if he can be reined in could well be better than a getting 30 cents on the dollar in a trade because teams don’t trust him."

Not really surprising teams are wary trading for Brown, he is a loose cannon that quit on his team last season, when you throw in the concerns around this domestic dispute with his former partner, it feels like he is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, wouldn't want him anywhere near the Titans.