Way to early offseason plan

kyle021

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these offseason plans are gonna be straight forward. Add talent to both lines, add a OLB and pass catcher with speed. 

Ryan is age 28 and in his prime.  He's not taking a new deal with 13 million guaranteed when he is scheduled to make 10M in 2019.   @Kyle021 you are essentially saying he will take a 4M cut

Logan Ryan is our best corner. He totally shuts down the slot when he’s inside and can be matched up too. See Ryan vs Hopkins last year. 

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Any word when JRob is going to have his end of season press conference, was seeing quotes from so many other GM's end of season press conferences and realized JRob hadn't spoken yet.

No clue but I'm looking forward to it. Since he's been here he's been pretty straightforward about what they want to upgrade. 

We'll definitely need a thread on that.

6 minutes ago, Face said:

This is exactly what I would do. Finch really looked good, hopefully he makes the 2nd year jump & we have a real good player. Morgan is very good insurance. 

Im looking forward to the end of season interview with Robinson, that should give us an indication of how they see things because frankly I'm not sure what they're going to stress. I'm not sure OL is nearly the need we thought it was based on Kelly's play but that's complicated because I don't see us asking Conklin to move inside & Kline is making a lot of money. Right now Id guess we let Spain leave & plug Kelly in at LG. I'd much prefer we bring Spain back & eat Klines salary but that's not happening.

Right now I'd say we probably do something similar to what you said at OLB & prioritize WR & interior DL. I also think the SS spot could be looked at.

I'll just add that someone, hopefully JRob, is thinking about how to over take the Colts.  If you can't do that, then you are fighting for a wild card for the next decade.

You can make a pretty convincing argument that the Colts roster is better than the Titans right now.  Then add in the fact that they have about 120M in cap space to buy whatever they want.  Plus they have an additional 2nd round pick from the Jets, #34 overall.  It's not hard to see them having a better off season than the Titans.  One thing I think I know:  it's going to be hard to outscore Luck and the colts if MM is throwing the ball to Taylor, Jennings and Batson next year.  The team is going to have to find some WRs who can contribute in 2019.

8 minutes ago, ctm said:

One thing I think I know:  it's going to be hard to outscore Luck and the colts if MM is throwing the ball Taylor, Jennings and Batson next year

2 hours ago, ctm said:

With so many needs, I lean towards keeping Morgan, if the deal is right, and drafting a pass rusher in the 3rd or 4th to rotate with him and develop.  I think the draft is deep at this spot.  But its early and we really are just speculating until we see free agency, where everything changes.

I don't know how much Morgan has left.  We might be better off signing some younger player who has untapped potential and then drafting a pass rusher with first two rounds.

From a cold, analytical perspective they need to let Morgan walk and replace him with a younger model.

I respect what he has done for the team over the years. But he isn’t starter quality anymore and he isn’t a special teams guy either. He should do like Orakpo and retire gracefully. 

Morgan needs to walk and Finch isn't good enough to be relied on as a starter.  They hit Andrew Luck twice in two games this season.  They need another pass rusher who can set the edge and a quick IDL to pair with Casey.

18 hours ago, SARGO24 said:

Here is my early Mock Off-Season - major changes

Major players Cut/Retired/Not Re-signed:

Brian Orakpo

Ben Jones

Quentin Spain

Derrick Morgan

Jonathan Cyprien

Bennie Logan

Will Compton

Luke Stocker

Blaine Gabbert

** Kline should be gone, but I don't think they cut him.**

Re-signed:

Kenny Vacarro

Free Agents:

WR Tyrell Williams - big, quick WR who can stretch the field

TE Maxx Williams - athletic, young TE to go along with Jonnu and Delanie

QB Tyrod Taylor - perfect backup for MM

OLB Dee Ford - up and coming pass rusher

C Mike Morse - young C

* Re-sign Byard

* Ride out this last year with MM and see how he performs

Draft

1. DL - Best DL or DE

2. OG

3. DL - opposite of whatever is taken R1

4-7: CB, OG, LB

I really like this, but I’d go with another stud DL in the second round and a guard in the third. But that’s minor and depends on how the draft shakes out.