Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Way to early offseason plan

Kyle021   
38 minutes ago, tgo said:

Logan Ryan is our best corner. He totally shuts down the slot when he’s inside and can be matched up too. See Ryan vs Hopkins last year. 

I agree he is but you can’t pay two CBs top dollar with another one needing the same deal in 2 years as well as your FS this year. 

If they want to keep Ryan they will either pay him the 10 million this year and offer him a below market deal hoping for a discount or they will let him walk. 

Best option is to resign him and front load is contract the first two years and give him a large signing bonus to lower the cap hit

Kyle021   

You hey could give him a 3 year deal for 21 million and use this upcoming 10 million as a signing bonus making it a 3 year 31 million dollar deal. 

Essentially convert this new year pay into a SB and work a 3/21 deal 

that would pay him 17 million this year and 7 million a year for two years after. 

I believe that’s a rock solid deal for a NB

Edited by Kyle021

Thrill   
12 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I agree he is but you can’t pay two CBs top dollar with another one needing the same deal in 2 years as well as your FS this year. 

If they want to keep Ryan they will either pay him the 10 million this year and offer him a below market deal hoping for a discount or they will let him walk. 

Best option is to resign him and front load is contract the first two years and give him a large signing bonus to lower the cap hit

They’re literally already paying them and we have tons of cap room. What world are you living in?

hes not restructuring 

Thrill   
2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Kline needs to be replaced.

He does but he has quite a bit of money still guaranteed. He’s not going to restructure. 

37 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I agree. Also keep in mind that Butler can be cut after 2020. That would be around the same time Adoree is ready for a contract. 

Since it it doesn’t look like mariota will be getting a big long term contract we have plenty of cap room to sign guys back. 

SARGO24   

Here is my early Mock Off-Season - major changes

Major players Cut/Retired/Not Re-signed:

Brian Orakpo

Ben Jones

Quentin Spain

Derrick Morgan

Jonathan Cyprien

Bennie Logan

Will Compton

Luke Stocker

Blaine Gabbert

** Kline should be gone, but I don't think they cut him.**

Re-signed:

Kenny Vacarro

Free Agents:

WR Tyrell Williams - big, quick WR who can stretch the field

TE Maxx Williams - athletic, young TE to go along with Jonnu and Delanie

QB Tyrod Taylor - perfect backup for MM

OLB Dee Ford - up and coming pass rusher

C Mike Morse - young C

* Re-sign Byard

* Ride out this last year with MM and see how he performs

Draft

1. DL - Best DL or DE

2. OG

3. DL - opposite of whatever is taken R1

4-7: CB, OG, LB

Face   
On 1/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, headhunter said:

All these offseason plans are gonna be straight forward. Add talent to both lines, add a OLB and pass catcher with speed. 

It's going to be interesting to see what they do at OLB. Landry is clearly penciled in as a starter, he looked great closing out the year. They may want to pair him with a stud on the other side & there's plenty of good ones that could be available. The Eagles probably will let Brandon Graham walk, they have so many edge rushers & badly need secondary help. Dee Ford was a monster this year but a one year wonder. I doubt we sign him but if he resigns the Chiefs will probably cut Justin Houston who would be a great vet to sign for a year or two. Ziggy Ansah? Tough call. Prodigious talent but so streaky & has had a lot of injuries. Enormous upside though. 

Then theres 2 guys with some connection....Clowney & Trey Flowers. Clowney never developed into a great pass rusher but is still a solid one. He's also absolutely devastating as a run defender. But with his big name you'd probably have to pay him huge money & hope he develops his pass rush further. Flowers has become a very nice player who does it all. Great run player, good pass rusher off the edge & very good inside, where he often rushes the QB. But he's going to get very big money & isn't quite the explosive guy you want for that cash.

It also depends on how much they like Finch. The kid played awfully well in his limited snaps. He clearly has a head for the game & showed very good instincts, he's an explosive hitter, and I was surprised at his polish, he had a pretty big array of rush moves. He was no UDFA, he looked much more like he should've been picked right around where Honor went.

So you have to decide if you want to spend huge money or a 1st rounder on an edge where we might well already have a very nice player making peanuts. It also sounds like we may bring Woodyard back for a year or two, making Evans available as a possible 3rd down rusher.

I went on a rant there but to me this is the biggest offseason question, assuming there's no bad news regarding Mariota's nerve issue of course. I would personally bring Morgan back on a friendly deal & start Finch or use Evans there at times if Finch isn't the answer I think he is. Then we can spread money around at WR & interior DL, and possibly safety.

Face   
On 1/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, ctm said:

Ryan is age 28 and in his prime.  He's not taking a new deal with 13 million guaranteed when he is scheduled to make 10M in 2019.

@Kyle021 you are essentially saying he will take a 4M cut this year to get 7M guaranteed in 2020, all while in his prime and poised for another big contract.  He'll laugh at that offer.

What's your thoughts on OLB? I just posted this above but I think it's the biggest question of the offseason....invest big in FA or a 1st rounder or go with Finch, who was very impressive, opposite Landry?

Face   
On 1/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, tgo said:

Logan Ryan is our best corner. He totally shuts down the slot when he’s inside and can be matched up too. See Ryan vs Hopkins last year. 

He's also possibly the best blitzing slot in the league, which is important. The slot is the fastest & closest defender to the QB, even without sacks he can cause a lot of hurried passes. I recall him being very disruptive in this role this season.

ctm   
17 minutes ago, Face said:

What's your thoughts on OLB? I just posted this above but I think it's the biggest question of the offseason....invest big in FA or a 1st rounder or go with Finch, who was very impressive, opposite Landry?

With so many needs, I lean towards keeping Morgan, if the deal is right, and drafting a pass rusher in the 3rd or 4th to rotate with him and develop.  I think the draft is deep at this spot.  But its early and we really are just speculating until we see free agency, where everything changes.