2019 Roster Analysis - OFFENSE

Carpy

Sign a C in FA to replace Jones and either move Jones to LG or let him walk and relate him via draft. Retain Pamphile and Kelly. 

Let Stocker walk. Keep Pruitt and Firkser. Attempt to get a boring TE in FA like Paulsen who is a great blocker and let Smith and Walker be pass catchers. 

Sign a vet WR like John Brown. Lamar Jackson drove his price down right after Flacco was driving it up. If you don’t want Brown which is a major mistake then settle for Chris Conley from KC or Tyrell Williams from LA

draft KJ Hill or Bryan Edwards in the draft in rounds 3-4

RB? With the way Henry ran, and an upgrade to OL I’m not worried. But if that boy Henderson is available in 3 and we already got us a vet WR I take him. 

The OL and WR are the clear priorities here. Plus backup QB. 

Hopefully Conklin will be better with a full year off the torn ACL but the interior needs help. 

They need someone who can contribute across from Davis and they need a slot guy. Simple as that. There’s no talent outside of 84. 

Dump Gabbert. Try to sign Bridgewater to be the backup. What young backup wouldn’t want to be behind Mariota? You are all but guaranteed to see playing time and can potentially audition for the starting job in 2020. 

All the right spots covered again.

Titans really need to upgrade on both lines as Carpy has indicated. Need much more quickness up front.

I like Taylor more than most. High octane guy would be helpful at wide out.

Lastly, please, no more Adoree returning punts. Whomever we draft to play WR need have some special team skills, particularly on the punt return unit.

Upgrading the interior o-line is the highest priority IMO..it's fun to speculate how JROB will accomplish this.. IMO, except for rollouts, the days of MM running are over, mostly to avoid injury, not because he can't run..and we have to build a solid pass blocking pocket for him to throw from..so think agility at the interior of the o-line.. Spain is gone, it is possible we move Kline to LG as he played well there for the Patriots, but more likely he stays at RG, until Conklin has demonstrated he is all the way back from his injury..I suspect Levin moves in at C and Jones moves to LG.. Stinnie will be the main backup , but we will draft a LG/C for back up 2019 and start at LG in 2020.. think 4th round..

As for TE, I'm thinking the Patriots way is to let Walker go, a year too early .. I don't see us drafting a TE high, with all of the needs we have, but if a decent blocking TE becomes available, there might be an upgrade there ..

As for WR, I can see a splash for a WR in FA.. and draft another speedster early..

2 hours ago, Nash said:

Upgrading the interior o-line is the highest priority IMO..it's fun to speculate how JROB will accomplish this.. IMO, except for rollouts, the days of MM running are over, mostly to avoid injury, not because he can't run..and we have to build a solid pass blocking pocket for him to throw from..so think agility at the interior of the o-line.. Spain is gone, it is possible we move Kline to LG as he played well there for the Patriots, but more likely he stays at RG, until Conklin has demonstrated he is all the way back from his injury..I suspect Levin moves in at C and Jones moves to LG.. Stinnie will be the main backup , but we will draft a LG/C for back up 2019 and start at LG in 2020.. think 4th round..

As for TE, I'm thinking the Patriots way is to let Walker go, a year too early .. I don't see us drafting a TE high, with all of the needs we have, but if a decent blocking TE becomes available, there might be an upgrade there ..

As for WR, I can see a splash for a WR in FA.. and draft another speedster early..

I think you are onto something with Walker. Everyone assumes he'll be back as a playmaker but its likely his best days are behind him. 

1 hour ago, IowaOiler said:

Yeah, TE is a serious need.  I was more impressed with Firkser and Pruit than Jonnu.  That was a bad pick, IMO, and it needs to be rectified.  

He was consistently producing before he was injured.  Nearly as much as we were getting out of Walker.  And every coach and player loves him.  He's going nowhere.

Edited by abc2330

18 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

He was consistently producing before he was injured.  Nearly as much as we were getting out of Walker.  And every coach and player loves him.  He's going nowhere.

That's what concerns me.  He is not good.