AussieTitanFan08

Kenny Vaccaro leaving little doubt he wants to return to the Titans next season

Soxcat   

Vacarro signed a cheap $1.5 mil contract this year and was lucky to get that since nobody wanted him.  Certainly we can get him to stay for $2.5 a year if not less.  You can't get a better value than that.  Cyprien with a base salary at $5+ a year shouldn't even be in the conversation.  If Vaccaro is a little more proud of himself and wants more you can always go back to Cyp and offer him $1.5 per year to stay.  Vaccaro doesn't miss as many tackles as Cyp and is in some ways the polar opposite.  He is not good in man coverage. 

tgo   
59 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Vacarro signed a cheap $1.5 mil contract this year and was lucky to get that since nobody wanted him.  Certainly we can get him to stay for $2.5 a year if not less.  You can't get a better value than that.  Cyprien with a base salary at $5+ a year shouldn't even be in the conversation.  If Vaccaro is a little more proud of himself and wants more you can always go back to Cyp and offer him $1.5 per year to stay.  Vaccaro doesn't miss as many tackles as Cyp and is in some ways the polar opposite.  He is not good in man coverage. 

Not to argue too much on behalf of Cyprien, because frankly I personally would rather go with Vaccaro in this scheme, but - Robinson has talked about how Cyprien is one of the best safeties in the league covering tight ends in man coverage. I guess that could make sense just because of his sheer size, I'm not sure.

I think the biggest problems with Cyp have been missed tackles, and he's a liability in deep safety looks and zone coverages. 

When discussing this, I'm projecting based on what I think Robinson will do, not necessarily what I think should be done. But who really knows at this point. 

Soxcat   

My point was that Cyp is better in man coverage so I agree.  They are polar opposites to some extent but Vaccaro seems to be the better fit in our defense. 

Face   

Nice to hear about Vaccaro & maybe it's me but I think SS is a need spot. Defenses are changing & more then ever you need as many good cover people as possible. I think the smart teams are going to start evolving past the "just focus on pass rushers & corners & go cheap/late Rd at LBer/safety " philosophy. 

I would love to sign Landon Collins but that isn't happening with Byards deal coming up. If Deionte Thompson is there at 19, which I doubt, please take him. Yeah he's more of a centerfielder type as well but is also a playmaker all over the field & is good against the run.

Frankly, with the way Robinson talks about Cyprien, Kline, and DQ Jones I wonder if he has trouble acknowledging he overspent on guys. These 3 are making $20 mil combined. Staggering.

1 minute ago, Face said:

If Deionte Thompson is there at 19, which I doubt, please take him. Yeah he's more of a centerfielder type as well but is also a playmaker all over the field & is good against the run.

It's starting to look like Thompson is going to return to Alabama and not declare for the NFL Draft.

Face   
24 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It's starting to look like Thompson is going to return to Alabama and not declare for the NFL Draft.

WTF is going on with this draft

Face   
26 minutes ago, Huston said:

Its you man, Vaccaro is more then fine.

We know dude. We're totally set everywhere, I have to stop whining.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

WTF is going on with this draft

Have certainly been some big time prospects surprisingly decide to return to CFB.

Alabama had a press conference today where multiple guys declared their intention to enter the draft, Thompson wasn't one of them leading to speculation he will return to CFB next year.

Only 3 days left till the deadline to declare for the draft.

26 minutes ago, Face said:

I mean we aren’t set everywhere, but if we re-sign Vaccaro we are set at safety for at least a year. 

reo   
4 hours ago, Face said:

Nice to hear about Vaccaro & maybe it's me but I think SS is a need spot. Defenses are changing & more then ever you need as many good cover people as possible. I think the smart teams are going to start evolving past the "just focus on pass rushers & corners & go cheap/late Rd at LBer/safety " philosophy. 

I would love to sign Landon Collins but that isn't happening with Byards deal coming up. If Deionte Thompson is there at 19, which I doubt, please take him. Yeah he's more of a centerfielder type as well but is also a playmaker all over the field & is good against the run.

Frankly, with the way Robinson talks about Cyprien, Kline, and DQ Jones I wonder if he has trouble acknowledging he overspent on guys. These 3 are making $20 mil combined. Staggering.

No way we take a safety.

reo   
3 hours ago, Face said:

On defense we badly need another OLB and good NT to take up blockers to free our ILBs.

Edited by reo