Kenny Vaccaro leaving little doubt he wants to return to the Titans next season

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously Vaccaro will end up going wherever he gets the biggest contract, but judging by his twitter feed today his clear preference is returning to the Titans next year, he has retweeted about 25 tw

Extending Vaccaro would seem like a no-brainer.  He’s a great fit for the scheme. 

23 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You would have said the same about Reid and Vaccaro last offseason.

True, but I still don’t see him taking that kind of pay cut. The guy is set to make $6m in salary and bonuses. He isn’t going to just take a pay cut down to a backup’s salary. 

He found himself in a good situation and after last offseason he isn’t going to want to risk being left standing when the free agency music stops. I expect he shouldn’t be too hard to re-sign as long as they don't try to lowball him.

3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

You keep Cyp and Vaccaro and you're taking away reps and playing time from Cruishank, who I believe they are really high on regarding his potential and who is a ST ace.

Cruikshank was a 5th round pick? Compared to first rounder in Vacarro and 2nd for Cyprien. I doubt they are making decisions base of expectations of Cruikshank stepping up. 

Of course he wants to be here. He was on the street waiting for any of 32 teams to call him when Cyprien went down. He came into a top ranked D and potential playoff team. Big hitting SS aren't highly valued, and guys hit free agency every year. 

Having said that, I also want Vaccaro. He's extremely athletic for the position and clearly picked up the system. Don't fix what isn't broken.