Broncos, Packers, Dolphins to Interview Munch

tgo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think Munchak did anything as a HC that would make me think he wasn’t capable of getting another shot.

Munchak will make a good HC in his 2nd stint. 

Vrabel actually designed the defensive system with Pees, by merging the two systems. And he also dictates strategy and personnel packages to LaFleur.    So no, not like Vrabel. 

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

If he hires the right assistants maybe...

He needs to operate as more of a CEO and hire really solid coordinators. 

But he'd probably just hire Dowell Loggains and Jerry Gray/Matt Burke. 

Edited by tgo

I think he'll be great this time. I seriously think he's the best OL coach ever.

Either way he's certainly more qualified then some of the guys who will be getting interviews.

Also, his tenure here should really be looked at differently in hindsight after seeing what Wiz did with the same guys.....

8 minutes ago, Face said:

I think he'll be great this time. I seriously think he's the best OL coach ever.

Sounds like hyperbole - but it's actually probably true. 

Dante Scarnecchia may be better. Russ Grimm and Howard Mudd were very good too. 

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I don’t think Munchak did anything as a HC that would make me think he wasn’t capable of getting another shot.

Yea dude got completely shit showed while he was here but players seem to like him and have his back.If he hired the rite assistants i could see it but sum guys just are what they are and he's a fine line coach but HC who knows?

The Steelers O-line was a huge weakness till Munchak got there, now its one of the better lines in the league.  Think he has potential as a solid HC now too, seeing how other organizations do things and getting more industry contacts should help him find a staff.  One thing I have to give him credit for when he was HC with the Titans is he was flexible, willing to try new things if what they were doing wasn't working.  Not sure anyone would have had much success with Locker and the talent on the team at that time.  And if he flames out, he can always come back to the Titans as an O-line coach.