9 Nines

Cherokee Hillary - Elizabeth Dukakis

patsplat   
4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It will be a huge mistake to go too far left. I'll say it, Trump can beat Warren.

I can't remember, were you a Bernie supporter?

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

It will be a huge mistake to go too far left. I'll say it, Trump can beat Warren.

But it would be beneficial to take away the populist message. Warren's strength is her policies on the middle class and background in criticizing the big banks. She can run on that in spades.

She isn’t as far left as Bernie, but close enough to appeal to the Bernie Bros.

Edited by Starkiller

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Nah - it's all about anti-trump. The far left are way more likely to sit out on principle and screw themselves than centrists. Independents and swing voters dislike trump. In the battle of the bases - dems win. Wanting other is about governance and style. Warren is not my favorite but I'm confident she would beat Trump if held today 

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

Whats this business about beto being roo če trust? In his senate run he was criticized for being too progressive. 

If I was betting who'd be the nominee today it would be him. He has the Obama buzz right now.

6 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Against my better judgment I keep clicking on this thread, and find myself liking Warren more and more each time I do.

Hope she slaps on the war paint and makes a good run at this thing. Maybe she'll knock Bernie and his bros out early, if nothing else.

I was a Bernie bro on 2016, but I want him nowhere near the 2020 election. 

Trump won’t likely be removed and dumbass Americans go for style points. They don’t pay attention often. Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million and still lost. I think people have adapted somewhat since then, but the fact is a large part of the electorate doesn’t vote. A large part are sycophants to Trump. We can’t go with anyone who can lose the next election.

OILERMAN   

Romney is clearly setting himself to run in 2020 with that Op-ed. It was just critical enough of Trump to be able to claim he was against him assuming Trump is thrown out of office and labeled a traitor but it was soft enough to not offend the Republicans who support Trump. 

Romney isn't planning on running against Trump in the primary, he's setting himself up in case Trump doesn't run in 2020, which is at minimum a realistic possibility 

Justafan   

I don't think it matters who the Dems run in the primaries.  There is so much anti-Trump support that whoever runs on a ticket opposing him will win.  The Republicans will show up and vote but I think the mid-terms were proof that the Dems were motivated against Trump too and there is clearly more of them.

Good candidates are important and Dems still have to do the work but this could be an election where a Wild Card could win. 

OILERMAN   
4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I don't think it matters who the Dems run in the primaries.  There is so much anti-Trump support that whoever runs on a ticket opposing him will win. 

I think the most likely scenario is Trump doesn't even run 

Justafan   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I think the most likely scenario is Trump doesn't even run 

It depends on these investigations.  If there really are sealed indictments he may feel he has no choice just so he can ward off the dogs.