Jarrett Stidham

kyle021

I am all in on this kid as a second round pick... hell after getting a pass rusher or an OL in round 1 depending on FA I might trade up to the top of 1 for him. 

I think he he will be a star and being able to ride the bench and learn behind MM next year and take over in year two will be great for him as he will spend his first year working on mechanics, and knowledge of playbook and game speed. Same time they may work with his side arm release or keep it as is he has a lightening release and a major league arm. Plus he is very smart on the field and highly competitive and accurate and throws with touch or with steam depending on the situation. Good athrleticism. Can work the pocket. Can roll out and throw on the run. 

He he will be a very good QB in the NFL. I think his floor is that of MM and ceiling around someone such as Cousins

I've brought him up multiple times when quarterbacks were being discussed.  So I got dibs on the hype train, and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Stats aren't much to look at, but he's not in a pass happy offense. He has an NFL arm and the tools to succeed.

Problem with Stidham is that he'll be fine for most of the game (or actually really good), and then, like his brain shorts out for a play or two, and he'll make some of the most boneheaded mistakes you'll ever see a QB make. This happens like 3 times a game. 

That said, he's got the tools, and if you sit him and let him watch and learn, there's a chance you get a Mahomes type impact. There's a very good chance you could get the second coming of Blaine Gabbert though.  

He's an absolute lottery ticket, I wouldn't have a problem using a 3rd or 4th rounder on him though.

Archived