Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Jags Dumpster Fire Intensifies

Recommended Posts

Nash   

Jags will go QB this year .. my buddies down there expect a total rebuild..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   
6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think they will be the team that trades up into the top 3 to get Dwayne Haskins.

It's could be a game of chicken between them and the Giants.  How high do you go?  Or is one team satisfied with Lock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's could be a game of chicken between them and the Giants.  How high do you go?  Or is one team satisfied with Lock?

Don't rule the Dolphins out of the Haskins sweepstakes as well apparently they have put a tonne of work into scouting him during this CFB season.

 

Ultimately I think the Jags will be the most desperate to trade up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Btw, with Marrone coming back, will Ramsey play another down in a Jags uniform?

Can see Ramsey not stepping foot on the practice field this preseason until he gets a contract extension, then it will be up to the Jags to decide if he is worth the hassle.

 

If I were the Jags I would call up the 49ers and offer them Ramsey for the #2 pick in the draft.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wow big move from the Jags, they can now cut/trade Fournette

 

 

It's easy to sit there and say "it's all on me" when you know your job isn't going anywhere in the immediate future. That being said, the personnel moves the Jags have made were ridiculous. They "went all in" on Bortles thinking all he needed wad a defense.

 

Sadly, they've realized their blunders and done an about-face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Btowner   

Back in 1999, who would have thought Tom Coughlin would win a Super Bowl before Jeff Fisher? Based on his work with the Giants, for the last couple of years, I've generally believed that Tom Coughlin was a better football coach and evaluator than Fisher.

 

As soon as I give him some kudos, Coughlin pulls the ultimate FisherBall move and drafts a RB and decides to roll with Bortles instead of drafting one of the available young QBs. I should have known better. Once a Jag, always a Jag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still burning....

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25730397/leonard-fournette-meets-jacksonville-jaguars-management-discuss-season-future

 

Quote

There are questions about Fournette's maturity, commitment to football, conditioning, on-field behavior and production after the 2018 season. There was some speculation that the team would be willing to trade -- or cut -- him in the offseason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ctm   

The jags are about 7.6M over the 2019 cap. Flacco has a cap hit this year of 26.5M.  The jags have some guys they can cut to save on the cap, but they will have some serious work to do to get Flacco under the cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
26 minutes ago, ctm said:

The jags are about 7.6M over the 2019 cap. Flacco has a cap hit this year of 26.5M.  The jags have some guys they can cut to save on the cap, but they will have some serious work to do to get Flacco under the cap.

It's a year too early.  They really need to hold on to him for another year where the cap hit is only 8.  Cutting him this year means they have to eat 16m.  Jesus.  Signing a QB to a long term deal and getting it wrong is worse than drafting a guy #1 overall and missing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Justafan said:

It's a year too early.  They really need to hold on to him for another year where the cap hit is only 8.  Cutting him this year means they have to eat 16m.  Jesus.  Signing a QB to a long term deal and getting it wrong is worse than drafting a guy #1 overall and missing.  

The kicker is the Jags were the ones who drafted Bortles... 3rd overall. They knew what he was and they still signed him to that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The kicker is the Jags were the ones who drafted Bortles... 3rd overall. They knew what he was and they still signed him to that deal.

Don’t laugh too hard....this is going to be us soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×