Jags Dumpster Fire Intensifies

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost impossible to miss on as many top 10 picks as the Jags have since 2008, with Bortles and Fournette's likely departures this offseason it would leave them with only 1 of these guys still on

Have you checked the board today?  It's nothing but overreactions.  Just embrace the emotions and check back in a week or so.

Don’t laugh too hard....this is going to be us soon. 

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think they will be the team that trades up into the top 3 to get Dwayne Haskins.

It's could be a game of chicken between them and the Giants.  How high do you go?  Or is one team satisfied with Lock?

18 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's could be a game of chicken between them and the Giants.  How high do you go?  Or is one team satisfied with Lock?

Don't rule the Dolphins out of the Haskins sweepstakes as well apparently they have put a tonne of work into scouting him during this CFB season.

Ultimately I think the Jags will be the most desperate to trade up.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Btw, with Marrone coming back, will Ramsey play another down in a Jags uniform?

Can see Ramsey not stepping foot on the practice field this preseason until he gets a contract extension, then it will be up to the Jags to decide if he is worth the hassle.

If I were the Jags I would call up the 49ers and offer them Ramsey for the #2 pick in the draft.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

On 12/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wow big move from the Jags, they can now cut/trade Fournette

It's easy to sit there and say "it's all on me" when you know your job isn't going anywhere in the immediate future. That being said, the personnel moves the Jags have made were ridiculous. They "went all in" on Bortles thinking all he needed wad a defense.

Sadly, they've realized their blunders and done an about-face.

Back in 1999, who would have thought Tom Coughlin would win a Super Bowl before Jeff Fisher? Based on his work with the Giants, for the last couple of years, I've generally believed that Tom Coughlin was a better football coach and evaluator than Fisher.

As soon as I give him some kudos, Coughlin pulls the ultimate FisherBall move and drafts a RB and decides to roll with Bortles instead of drafting one of the available young QBs. I should have known better. Once a Jag, always a Jag.

Still burning....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25730397/leonard-fournette-meets-jacksonville-jaguars-management-discuss-season-future

There are questions about Fournette's maturity, commitment to football, conditioning, on-field behavior and production after the 2018 season. There was some speculation that the team would be willing to trade -- or cut -- him in the offseason.

26 minutes ago, ctm said:

The jags are about 7.6M over the 2019 cap. Flacco has a cap hit this year of 26.5M.  The jags have some guys they can cut to save on the cap, but they will have some serious work to do to get Flacco under the cap.

It's a year too early.  They really need to hold on to him for another year where the cap hit is only 8.  Cutting him this year means they have to eat 16m.  Jesus.  Signing a QB to a long term deal and getting it wrong is worse than drafting a guy #1 overall and missing.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

It's a year too early.  They really need to hold on to him for another year where the cap hit is only 8.  Cutting him this year means they have to eat 16m.  Jesus.  Signing a QB to a long term deal and getting it wrong is worse than drafting a guy #1 overall and missing.  

The kicker is the Jags were the ones who drafted Bortles... 3rd overall. They knew what he was and they still signed him to that deal.