Jonboy

Which QB do we go after for 2019?

Foles

Bridgewater

Tannehill

Flacco

Dalton

Mullens

Anyone else who has a chance to be available that I’m forgetting?

Bring in Foles.

Team first guy, proven winner, has been in back up role.

Tell him he has a chance to win the starting job (which he should have a chance).

Draft a qb in 2020 to be the qb of the future to sit behind foles.

I don’t see a reason why we should extend Marcus with a big contract but we probably will. 

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You let Mariota play in 2019 if he’s healthy, give him 1 year and if it doesn’t work you draft someone in 2020.  The 2020 draft class looks great.

I see no need to find a stopgap who probably isn’t even better than a healthy Mariota.

Of course if this injury is career threatening then it’s a different story.

The way it’s being presented sounds career threatening. 

Not an enviable position for JRob to be in this offseason, given the nature of how slow nerve injuries can take to heal there is a real possibility by FA they aren't entirely certain where they stand with Mariota's status.

There is going to be a lot of tough discussions had between Doctor's/Mariota/JRob/AAS/Vrabel in coming months.

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Foles

Bridgewater

Tannehill

Flacco

Dalton

Mullens

Anyone else who has a chance to be available that I’m forgetting?

Preference is Foles or Mullens. 

Foles has proven himself as a top flight backup with the super bowl run and his success in limited time. 

Mullens is an unknown who could be groomed by the staff. 

All the other dudes you know what you have in them. 

Foles 1st, if he takes the Eagles deep into the playoffs again, and Bridgewater 2nd. 

The draft is in Nashville, so I could see the Titans trying to do something extravagant to get the fans hyped up. 

Draft someone in the mid rounds.  That gives him a year to prepare in case MM can't go in 2020.  If MM does recover, then the rookie ultimately replaces Gabbert.  If the rookie fails, then draft another QB high in 2020.  This gives you two shots at success.

Unlikely that the Titans pay both MM and a Bridgewater/Foles type contract in 2019.

Everything will depend on MM's medical diagnosis and long term prognosis pre-draft.  The team is unlikely to tell us anything because they will want to keep the rest of the league in the dark about their draft plans.

Edited by ctm

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Take Winston off the list of possibilities, Schefter just reported that the Bucs are bringing him back as their starting QB in 2019.

The funny thing is I thought he was the best option for a team wanting a starting QB that might be available 

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

Draft someone in the mid rounds.  That gives him a year to prepare in case MM can't go in 2020.  If MM does recover, then he replaces Gabbert.  If the rookie fails, then draft another QB high in 2020.  This gives you two shots at success.

Unlikely that the Titans pay both MM and a Bridgewater/Foles type contract in 2019.

Don't waste another mid to late round pick on a QB in 2019, building some additional draft capital for 2020 might be a better idea when it looks like a much better QB class.