Breaking: Mariota NOT expected to play today

lilkhmerkid4u

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

McNair played after a Chiefs defenders put his helmet directly into his sternum running full speed. 

Mariota fell over against the Skins on a routine sack

McNair gave 0 fucks about "nerve damage." He popped this motherfucker back in and finished the game....

tumblr_mc4085LFEb1qzfvezo1_1280.jpg

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That sucks but I’m not waving any white flag. Fuck the ones who do

Had McNair still been playing I'll guarantee he would have played the following Sunday after the Sahel Kazemi injury 

I honestly do not think it changes anything in regards to MM going into next year.    He's under the 5th year option, which BTW is basically guaranteed if he has a real injury issue now anyw

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

McNair played after a Chiefs defenders put his helmet directly into his sternum running full speed. 

Mariota fell over against the Skins on a routine sack

Players take helmets to the body all the time. The fact McNair got hurt makes him injury prone no?

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

You don't have all the facts and you're saying if he doesn't play he should be cut?

We may never know all the facts, but what's reported is the doctors (an outside independent doctor) said it's OK for him to practice but that the contact of an NFL game would be risky. 

That makes doesn't sound absurd to me.

If he doesn’t play because he might get further injured then I don’t care if he’s cut and actually hope for it. Is that better? No fifth year option. If he’s so fragile he won’t play in a prime time game for the playoffs then he doesn’t need to be our QB. McNair played with a cracked sternum if I recall. Rivers played with a torn ACL. I’m sure those weren’t injuries that could end their careers or anything. 

Just now, Callidus said:

Players take helmets to the body all the time. The fact McNair got hurt makes him injury prone no?

Not really "injury prone"....all players get hurt. But, the difference with guys like McNair is that he cared more for his team than his personal well-being. Injuries that other guys would sit for, he'd play through. Basically, he understood the risks and played right through them. That dedication and leadership is one of the reasons that he's a fucking legend and not eating spam on the sidelines with what's basically carpal tunnel of the elbow.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If he doesn’t play because he might get further injured then I don’t care if he’s cut and actually hope for it. Is that better? No fifth year option. If he’s so fragile he won’t play in a prime time game for the playoffs then he doesn’t need to be our QB. McNair played with a cracked sternum if I recall. Rivers played with a torn ACL. I’m sure those weren’t injuries that could end their careers or anything. 

Players play with several concussions, broken backs, torn ligaments, broken bones, screws in their body etc. down playing the significance of other injuries for long term or career health to try to make mariota not look like a pussy is hilarious. 

1 minute ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Not really "injury prone"....all players get hurt. But, the difference with guys like McNair is that he cared more for his team than his personal well-being. Injuries that other guys would sit for, he'd play through. Basically, he understood the risks and played right through them. That dedication and leadership is one of the reasons that he's a fucking legend and not eating spam on the sidelines with what's basically carpal tunnel of the elbow.

Couldn't agree more.

3 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

The real question is why didnt he have surgery immediately after the last game before the bye? He would have missed maybe one game, assuming the nerve can be moved.

The elbow injury wouldn't have caused his whole right side to go numb so I don't think that nerve relocation surgery would have helped.

If his whole right side went numb the nerve trauma has to be higher up closer to the spine. 

The idea that McNair is indestructible and painless is kind of overblown.

It was a different time, medical info is different. The days where players are allowed to trot on on the field with career or life threatening injuries are over.

Mariota not playing today does not make or break him being the Titans "future QB" it's the last four seasons of injuries and inconsistency that is pushing me to the "he's not the guy" conclusion.

You guys need to relax. This is the same Mariota as you've seen the last few years.

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The idea that McNair is indestructible and painless is kind of overblown.

It was a different time, medical info is different. The days where players are allowed to trot on on the field with career or life threatening injuries are over.

Mariota not playing today does not make or break him being the Titans "future QB" it's the last four seasons of injuries and inconsistency that is pushing me to the "he's not the guy" conclusion.

Yes yes, we know.