code

Nice season for Vrabel and first year staff

big2033   

@code When is time to put some of this on Mariota? Cmon. 

Where are we most inconsistent? Passing and QB. 

QBs can't be blameless while getting all the credit.

To me, that's been the most inconsistent position on this team. Whether it's injuries, TDs or INTs. 

Edited by big2033

TF_Titan   
2 minutes ago, code said:

Nine wins isn't an improvement. Nor was it a step backwards

I think when you compare last year’s schedule to this year nine wins is definitely  an improvement. They still have a ways to go, but they absolutely took a step in the right direction.

big2033   
2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

This is spot on. All the crying about mariota geting hurt is way over blown. He has been dealing with nerve problems in his right arm/neck all year. He gets tossed on the ground by a 300pound roided out mofo and lands on that arm. Not a big stretch that he hurts it again. But the 45year old cry babies on here who cant walk if they don't sleep right are up in arms like morons.

Injuries suck. But eventually, you can't keep waiting for someone with bad luck.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Maybe if he was better in the pocket, he wouldn't get hit so much.

Maybe if he made better reads. 

There are so many ways this can go but we constantly blame everyone else when it comes to our high draft picks at QB.

Edited by big2033

I agree. Last years team had crazy good injury luck. This year they have been dealing with terrible injuries since week 1 and still pulled off a winning season. I can’t see a Mularkey led team winning 6 games under some of the situations this team has dealt with this year.

We are one win away from being a 10 win team and a failed 2 point conversion from being on the verge of 11 wins. The bad games were really bad but winning big at Dallas, NY and beating Philly and NE at home were great wins.

Truthfully I consider this a transition year with the new staff. We tighten up the OL and have a good draft and we'll be in good shape next year. Mariota's injuries are worrisome for the future. 

I do think we're heading in the right direction. It's been a wild ride.