12 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I was repeating what the sports talk station of the titans said. How do I look foolish? Moron

Are you sure you didn't mishear?  I have a hard time believing that they didn't know the rule especially since it's been in place for 13 years now.

Just now, scine09 said:

Are you sure you didn't mishear?  I have a hard time believing that they didn't know the rule especially since it's been in place for 13 years now.

It was a long discussion. They went into detail about how it would not be fair to either team trying to get in because they would not be getting a bye, and would have to go on the road the next week after a night game. Makes sense, but money trumps.

14 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I was repeating what the sports talk station of the titans said. How do I look foolish? Moron

I think the problem was you stuck to it like it was gospel just because some hacks on a radio station said it after it was proven wrong by so many people who know better than them. 

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

It was a long discussion. They went into detail about how it would not be fair to either team trying to get in because they would not be getting a bye, and would have to go on the road the next week after a night game. Makes sense, but money trumps.

One thing's for certain is the winner will be at a competitive disadvantage.  They're going to have to go to Houston against a likely rested Texans team on a short week.

1 minute ago, Dinx81 said:

I think the problem was you stuck to it like it was gospel just because some hacks on a radio station said it after it was proven wrong by so many people who know better than them. 

Those hacks make a living doing this. They devote far more time than I do studying it. But yeah, they are human. 

18 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Because you kept arguing it was the truth. Fucking idiot. 

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Jesus Christ. Can Joel and ME be any more retarded.

Fuck you Joel for wasting my time proving all this simple shit to you and you still never even thought it to be true. Fucking moron.

I said it might be, but the reason above made sense too. It's the Internet man. You can find all kinds of crazy stuff. Something is true one week and then not true the next. 

Last year was an anomaly: no games really had serious playoff implications and it was NYE. 

“We felt that both from a competitive standpoint and from a fan perspective, the most fair thing to do is to schedule all Week 17 games in either the 1 p.m. or 4:25 p.m. ET windows," said NFL Senior Vice President of Broadcasting Howard Katz. "This ensures that we do not have a matchup on Sunday Night Football on New Year's Eve that because of earlier results has no playoff implications for one or both of the competing teams."

This year is completely different. One do or die game. 

Edited by Hooty_McBoob

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Because you kept arguing it was the truth. Fucking idiot. 

I kept arguing what the said. It wasn't until you posted the NBC poster that I wondered if they were mistaken. Happy now?

1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I kept arguing what the said. It wasn't until you posted the NBC poster that I wondered if they were mistaken. Happy now?

I actually am quite content even though you tried to spin it as you actually have an ounce of thinking for yourself

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I actually am quite content even though you tried to spin it as you actually have an ounce of thinking for yourself

I always said I was repeating what I heard. You tired of whipping the horse yet?