Eddie George Helped Henry Improve

tgo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great read.    “I said to him: You now have to run as if your career depends on it, because it does,” George told Henry. “The rumors of them trying to trade you, that says that they are look

Because he never played for the Patriots. 

God dammit just let me have my joke, tgo! 

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Great read. 

“I said to him: You now have to run as if your career depends on it, because it does,” George told Henry. “The rumors of them trying to trade you, that says that they are looking elsewhere. And that’s why the bulk of the carries were going to Dion Lewis. And I said: Your career depends on this, so you have to run hard every single play, whether it is one carry, or 25 carries. You have to run like it is your last carry, because it might be. And from that point on, it seems like he’s been more determined. My God, this guy has taken off.”

George gave Henry a specific example from the team’s game against the Chargers in London, which George attended. It was a second quarter play, an off tackle play to the left, when George felt Henry turned contact down against a Chargers defender, despite having a big size advantage. From one big back to the other, George hammered Henry about it.

“I’m like: There was an opportunity for you to square him up and run through him and impose your will on him, and one of a few things were going to happen. You were either going to run him over, or you were going to hurt him, or you were going to run through the tackle,” George said. “And that sets a tone when you do that, and it establishes who you are and what you are going to be about. I felt like there was an opportunity lost for you to do that.”

Also - why don't we just hire Eddie George as RB coach?

I cringe reading this.  George comes off kind of bad with these posted quotes, to be honest.  Maybe there is more to the article, but it comes off as George trying to credit himself for Henry's monster play.

I guess Henry went to him.  Maybe not as bad as just reading the quotes posted.

Edited by japan

1 hour ago, Huston said:

So you're emphasizing how he's been much better via isolated statistics for the 2nd half of this season?

Who hasn't said that he's been a different player since the bye? Or do you not realize that PFF tries to put players in a vacuum (meaning it hasn't been only the blocking)?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you're emphasizing how he's been much better via isolated statistics for the 2nd half of this season?

Who hasn't said that he's been a different player since the bye? Or do you not realize that PFF tries to put players in a vacuum (meaning it hasn't been only the blocking)?

What lol.

It comes down to you imposing your will on defenders. You are too big not to use that as your strength. You have to force guys to tackle you. Make one cut and go.

Good lord, finally. This is what we've been saying for weeks. Serious props to Eddie...and for Henry seeking help.

42 minutes ago, Huston said:

What lol.

The fact that PFF has had Henry dominating by their statistics the past 7 shows that he has been a completely different player roughly  since the bye

....that is unless of course his PFF rating before the bye (and the rest of his career) was right along that 87.7 average, the entire point of PFF is to put players in a vacuum and not rate them on everyone around them

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, Stan said:

ONE GAY fella helping another 

I love when people tell on themselves with where their mind immediately goes. ?

“He shot me straight, and told me I needed to finish runs, that I needed to be more physical, and make the defense pay. He told me I wasn’t playing to my potential, and I could play better. That’s the stuff I needed to hear. It gave me a different outlook moving forward.”

Ok seriously what has our RB coach been doing..? 

How about LaFleur?

How about coaching him?

Edited by Titans279