Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

I caved. 6 round mock with a few FA signings. It’s amazing how close we are to being dominant.

5 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

@headhunter you think he goes top of 2? Think he is the first rb to get drafted?

He will go more toward the 3rd than 5th but I don’t see the round 2, but if Penny can go in 1 then yeah. I can see anything happening. We don’t even know his combine numbers yet. 

I agree wirh you that that he will go high, I just don’t know how high. 

I like him. A lot. I even said I would take him at the back half of 2, but there’s a few RBs I see going ahead of him and in a defensive heavy draft idk if someone takes a RB over a pass rusher or whatever. 

I think the RB run begins in round 2 with Harris first. 

Its anyones game after that. 

This is class reminds me of the one Sankey came out of. None will go in 1 but there will be a run somewhere. Just don’t think it’s that high 

but then again if you’re getting a HR back that’s nitpicking

Yeah Henderson is the only legit RB all the rest are JAG's. I wouldnt draft anyone else at RB. 

Soxcat   
10 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Jones was JRs first target to replace last year but failed and Spain was his last target to replace. 

I think JR pushes harder this year. 

Wow, so we should replace the #8 C in the NFL (per PFF) who also happens to be our best OG (he can play as well as Klein or Spain at OG).

Yea, the grass is always greener.  Now I don't have a problem with Paradis (who is on IR for fracturing his Fibula) if he is cheap ($5 mil a year) but he is the same age as Jones and not much different.  Morse is a few years younger but isn't any better than Jones either (ranked 14).

As for Spain being the last target to replace I guess you forgot they left Spain out there for the taking.  Any team could have had him for peanuts.  We were lucky we retained him.   

I dunno if I should start another thread but this guy does impress me when I watch him and nobody talks about him is Chase Winovich from Michigan. Technically sound, good first step, great run defender, goes all out. I just dunno what round he goes because i think his workout will be dependent where he can go.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:00 AM, Soxcat said:

For starters Jones is the last guy I'd replace in the middle.  Secondly, it might make sense to look at drafting a potential RT around round 3.  Guy could also play OG. 

I feel like DaQ has really turned up this season.

Soxcat   
27 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Every team that has ever played in the NFL needs an Aaron Donald type next to whoever...

Probably won't get another Donald (especially not where we will draft) but Wilkins from Clemson could be another Casey and possibly still around when we pick. 

ctm   

I'd be very happy with Christian Wilkins as the first pick.  Raekwon Davis from Ala. is another guy in the same mold.  Passing rushing DTs are hard to find and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the pick.

Edited by ctm

Soxcat   

ahhhhh, brings back memories of some of the brilliant experts on this board telling us we shouldn't draft Donald because he and Casey are both 3 tech.  The saving grace for Webster was he drafted Lewan and we really did need a LT.  Two guys right after that pick were OB and Donald. 

Kyle021   
3 hours ago, ctm said:

I'd be very happy with Christian Wilkins as the first pick.  Raekwon Davis from Ala. is another guy in the same mold.  Passing rushing DTs are hard to find and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the pick.

Davis is going to be stellar