I caved. 6 round mock with a few FA signings. It’s amazing how close we are to being dominant.

kyle021

This is just pure fun and totally not going to happen. No idea exactly where these players actually end up or where we are picking but a rough estimate of where we will be picking, what players fit the scheme and where I think they end up

Also... this is based on JR signing a C like Paradis or Morse in FA and retaining Pamphile and Kelly on the OL and Vaccaro in the secondary and letting Morgan and Orakpo walk. Logan probably sticks too. Stocker is a goner but Firkser, Walker and Smith remain. 

I would expect FA to look like 

Morse/Paradis - C

John Brown - WR

Logan Paulsen - TE

Dante Fowler Jr - OLB

wait... That Dante Fowler? Yes. 

Amazing potential. Potentially a headache yes, but amazing potential. This is a great locker room for him and we need some attitude on defense. Pair him with Landry and add to the arsenal in the draft and this is quickly becoming a top 5 pass rushing front 7. Plus... I’m sure he would love to sign in the AFCS to kick Jacksonville’s ass twice a year. He is a perfect scheme fit too. I don’t see a way LA retains him with everyone they have to pay on top of Goff and just paying Gurley and Donald and Talib and having Peters coming up as well as Joyner and the money they threw Cooks. Plus they have to make decisions on the OL about Saffold and Whitworth. It’s a really good draft for EDGE and I see them relaxing him there. They pretty much threw Jacksonville a pick for him to bulk up the pass rush and rush defense for a super bowl run. That’s what you do when you’re rich, in a big market and capitalizing on your super bowl window. 

Bc of his Issues in Jacksonville and being in his third team in 1 year I don’t think he sniffs anything close to insane money. I actually think it’ll be a soft market for him financially while teams go to the draft for pass rushing talent and use their resources on their own players. He likely signs a 1 or 2 year deal worth 8-12 million a year. Then tests again next year. 

So so in this case I have us signing Fowler on a 1 year 10 million prove it deal. 

1) Jachai Polite - EDGE - Florida

2) Jerry Tillery - DT - Notre Dame

3) Connor McGovern - OG/OC - Penn State

4) Darrell Henderson - RB - Memphis

5) KJ Hill - WR - Ohio State

7) Hunter Renfrow - WR - Clemson

thats just how I see things shaking out. 

I think we keep core secondary intact with Byard, Vaccaro, Ryan, Butler, Jackson, Sims and Cruikshank and I can even see them restructuring Cyprien deal from the 4 or 5 million to around 2 for his presence and use Byard, Vacarro and Cyprien in 3 safety looks. Cyp could also come inside and play near the line while Byard and a Vaccaro take deep. I wouldn’t think we sign a big CB or draft one high. What we need to do is improve the pass rush to help those CBS and be able to rush with 4 and not have to scheme blitzed to get pressure. Cyprien is a major upgrade to Lewis and had a rough injury plagued first year with us that he was getting better at toward the end and then didn’t play this year when he tore his ACL. His best bet? Restructuring his contract to a one year 2 million deal and work behind Byard and Vaccaro. He would get a lot of playing time anyway. I prefer a Cyp at 2 million over Lewis at vet minimum. 

This is is where I see JR saying “we have everything on defense but we really need 1-2 more pass rushers to kick it into high gear”

He let’s the draft fall to him and lands Polite at OLB and Tillery at DE in round 2. Tillery has talent to go in the mid to late first but this draft is littered with so many interior DL it’s not funny. At some point after the top 5 guys at OLB/DE/DT are taken there will be a rush on interior OL and OTs as well as cover LBs and safeties and CB where the draft is weaker. Plus throw in a few WRs and QBs and we have a damn good interior pass rusher fall to us in round 2. It may not be Tillery. It could be Dre’Mont Jones. Or it could be Brown from Auburn. It’s a loaded class. Honestly though I put Tillery here because outside of Bosa, Williams, Oliver, Gary, Allen, Simmons, Davis... he is my favorite interior DL. 

I would venture to guess if he dropped to the second round that we would have to give up a future 3rd for him and I would be ecstatic landing Polite in 1 and trading next years 3rd to move up 20 spots to get a guy like Tillery to round it off. 6’7 and 310lb DL who can stuff the run and rush the passer don’t grow on trees. This guy can do it all. He is a three down player. 

After that hat I think we go BPA and once again we shift to the offensive side and McGovern is a quality OL who can play LG, C, or RG. He combined with Nelson paved massive holes for Barkley to run through and kept McSorley upright. After Barkley left as well as Nelson... McGovern continued his solid play. I wanted to put Michael Jordan here but he likely goes mid second to early third as of now, but if Frank Ragnow can go 20th then Jordan could fall anywhere in the first. 

With all these pass pass rushers coming off the board, there will be a line of OL following to stop them. It’s going to happen in rounds 2-3 after Williams/Little/Risner/Adams/Jenkins are taken... then the run on RBs with Damien Harris, Scott, Snell, Love and Montgomery will fall in line in the late 2 early 3 and the run on the WRs happen. It’s going to be very interesting. 

After McGovern in 3 I have us once again just keeping it simple stupid and going BPA and taking Henderson the local kid. @headhunter should be the guy the board thanks. You too @AussieTitanFan08 

Henderson is a small school, high production talent. He is short. 5’9 but compact at 210 and looks to run a sub 4.4 and is slippery. Low center of gravity, good ball control, and amazing agility. Headhunter said he is Kamara clone but I see DeAngelo Williams/Kareem Hunt type of a mix. This kid could step onto this team and seize the starting job in camp and literally run away with it. If he is gone by this round which he will be most likely... I would hope Rodney Anderson is available from Oklahoma. While he doesn’t have 4.4 flat speed he runs in the 4.55 range but has ended each of the previous 3 years on IR to some crazy injuries. When healthy he is a dominant back and very reminiscent of DeMarco Murray, but the version who could play in zone. 

KJ Hill is a nice WR from OSU whom has the size and speed you want in an outside guy, good hands and solid route running. Plagued by bad QB play the last few years but this year he got a damn good QB throwing him the ball and he made a lot of plays. I really like Parris Campbell but I think he goes in 3. This is a luxury and BPA. I think a WR crew of Davis, Brown, Taylor, Sharpe, Hill, Jennings would be fucking awesome. 

As of right now these are the guys I want and this is where I think they go. Just my logic. 

After that long read. Here’s the summary. Our strengths remain strong and our weaknesses got better without coughing up large asinine amounts of cash. 

RB - Henry, Lewis, Henderson

WR - Davis, Brown, Taylor, Sharpe, Jennings, Hill

TE - Walker, Smith, Paulsen, Firkser

OL - Lewan, McGovern, Morse, Kline, Conk

DL - Casey, Johnson, Tillery, Jones, Logan

OLB - Landry, Fowler, Finch, Polite, Correa

i think with Casey, Landry, Fowler, Polite, and Finch pinning their ears back to rush the passer and Brown/Evans at ILB we could destroy opposing OL and give QBs no time to make progressions and our Secondary plenty of time to blanket receivers and make turnovers. 

Could easily blend and disguise the rush and only send Casey, Landry, Polite, Fowler but why not throw in one more just to tip the scales in our favor?

dont forget. Evans and Brown can get to the QB too and I bet Woodyard goes toward a reduced role to keep him fresh for late season play. 

Mariota is in his 5th year of his contract and second year of the scheme with a top center, and a healthy Conklin/Lewan and an upgrade at LG in McGovern. He also gets a sure handed speedy threat who is a slick route runner in Brown and a blocking TE next to Conklin to help on those heavy sets for pass pro and a flash RB who could seize the job. Adding Paulsen, Morse, McGovern at worst makes Henry and Lewis much better which makes Mariota way better. Then you give Marcus back his safety blanket in Walker, and Smith returns and this offense is set to click. 

Defensively we upgraded Orakpo and Morgan with two heavy investments in Fowler and Polite and then added to the DL to put the cherry on top with Tillery. 

How would you like to see JR attack the draft and FA after the season is over?

this is exactly what I want and I honestly don’t think it’s too much. That’s not heavy spending in FA. Morse is the big ticket and Fowler is that risk/reward signing and the other two are premium guys but not premium pay. 

Edited by Kyle021

Fuck

Landry, Fowler, Polite, Finch, Correa as OLB’s...

thats big time 

Fowler hasn’t produced in the way a #3 pick should but he would be a huge and I mean huge upgrade to Orakpo and Morgan and Polite would be the guy to round off the trio of our top pass rushers. Finch and Polite as the backups to Landry and Fowler would be awesome with Polite taking over full time either mid season or his second year. To put it frankly. You can’t have to many pass rushers. And those 4 could be rotated in a way that you would never see one with his hands on his hips. 

I think Henderson is gonna go way higher than that. Like early second round. I think Fowler will be retained in LA, theyre not gonna give up a 3rd for half a season.

And if we do go RB I think we have to get rid of Henry or Lewis because we'll only keep two active most likely on game days. 

11 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Fuck

Landry, Fowler, Polite, Finch, Correa as OLB’s...

thats big time 

Fowler hasn’t produced in the way a #3 pick should but he would be a huge and I mean huge upgrade to Orakpo and Morgan and Polite would be the guy to round off the trio of our top pass rushers. Finch and Polite as the backups to Landry and Fowler would be awesome with Polite taking over full time either mid season or his second year. To put it frankly. You can’t have to many pass rushers. And those 4 could be rotated in a way that you would never see one with his hands on his hips. 

Orakpo has had a better year than Fowler and Morgan when healthy has probably been close to as good

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

We keep 2 RBs on the roster and the 3rd can be active if they play STs (like Fluellen).  No way we get rid of Henry with one more year on his rookie deal.  Probably don't get rid of Lewis either for now unless they stumble on a superb guy to fill his role and don't think Lewis is worth the money (makes $4 mil next year with an out on his contract after 2019).

Do we dont take a RB

@headhunter you think he goes top of 2? Think he is the first rb to get drafted?

He will go more toward the 3rd than 5th but I don’t see the round 2, but if Penny can go in 1 then yeah. I can see anything happening. We don’t even know his combine numbers yet. 

I agree wirh you that that he will go high, I just don’t know how high. 

I like him. A lot. I even said I would take him at the back half of 2, but there’s a few RBs I see going ahead of him and in a defensive heavy draft idk if someone takes a RB over a pass rusher or whatever. 

I think the RB run begins in round 2 with Harris first. 

Its anyones game after that. 

This is class reminds me of the one Sankey came out of. None will go in 1 but there will be a run somewhere. Just don’t think it’s that high 

but then again if you’re getting a HR back that’s nitpicking

I don’t think Fowler retains in LA. I truly think they gave up a 3rd for extra pass rush for playoffs and SB title. 

They have a lot of people to pay and that payroll is gonna get tight. 

Then Em again they really don’t have much draft picks all either. 

12 hours ago, Soxcat said:

For starters Jones is the last guy I'd replace in the middle.  Secondly, it might make sense to look at drafting a potential RT around round 3.  Guy could also play OG. 

Jones was JRs first target to replace last year but failed and Spain was his last target to replace. 

I think JR pushes harder this year. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

@headhunter you think he goes top of 2? Think he is the first rb to get drafted?

He will go more toward the 3rd than 5th but I don’t see the round 2, but if Penny can go in 1 then yeah. I can see anything happening. We don’t even know his combine numbers yet. 

I agree wirh you that that he will go high, I just don’t know how high. 

I like him. A lot. I even said I would take him at the back half of 2, but there’s a few RBs I see going ahead of him and in a defensive heavy draft idk if someone takes a RB over a pass rusher or whatever. 

I think the RB run begins in round 2 with Harris first. 

Its anyones game after that. 

This is class reminds me of the one Sankey came out of. None will go in 1 but there will be a run somewhere. Just don’t think it’s that high 

but then again if you’re getting a HR back that’s nitpicking

Yeah Henderson is the only legit RB all the rest are JAG's. I wouldnt draft anyone else at RB.