Path to the Playoffs

terradawg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For reference, Ravens are at the Chargers next week and then home against Cleveland to close out the year. Steelers have the Pats today, then at the Saints and home against the Bengals.   I

I'm scared of the Colts, not going to lie. 

How about the division and home field? 

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

That's actually true.

You know what's even crazier?  The Titans (and potentially Colts) could be playing the final game of the season to either be the #2 seed or not make the playoffs.

The NFL got it right with the cap.  There are 32 teams and 18 teams are either in or have a shot at the playoffs, plus everybody's favorite long shot Cleveland could get in if everybody loses and Alabama loses/or ties the BCS.*

Just now, Number9 said:

The NFL got it right with the cap.  There are 32 teams and 18 teams are either in or have a shot at the playoffs, plus everybody's favorite long shot Cleveland could get in if everybody loses and Alabama loses/or ties the BCS.*

The Cleveland scenario is comical.  They need to win out.  Baltimore needs to lose their non/Cleveland game.  The Titans and Colts need to lose this week.  The Dolphins need to lose one game.  And the Titans/Colts need to tie their final game.

We obviously have a great chance to beat the skins and a decent chance to beat the colts at home.

For the colts it’s gonna take a lot of ball control Henry-smash playoff type football and somebody somewhere, somehow will have to make a couple big plays.  Yes, it’s a tall order,  especially with the key injuries, but would certainly not be shocking if they can pull it off.

It almost seems like a lot of avid Titan fans use “there’s no way we can win” or “it’s laughable that we could win” as a defense mechanism to offset the pain of losing in case we do lose.  No hope to crush that way.  

4 minutes ago, smokeater said:

We obviously have a great chance to beat the skins and a decent chance to beat the colts at home.

For the colts it’s gonna take a lot of ball control Henry-smash playoff type football and somebody somewhere, somehow will have to make a couple big plays.  Yes, it’s a tall order,  especially with the key injuries, but would certainly not be shocking if they can pull it off.

It almost seems like a lot of avid Titan fans use “there’s no way we can win” or “it’s laughable that we could win” as a defense mechanism to offset the pain of losing in case we do lose.  No hope to crush that way.  

I ain't skeert. Playing "not to lose" will get you beat more often than not. I love Vrabel's mentality. Give it all you got and leave it on the field. This team has better chemistry than any Titan's team in recent memory because the players have all bought in. Huge difference in what Mularkey, Whiz and Munch served up.

56 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Cleveland scenario is comical.  They need to win out.  Baltimore needs to lose their non/Cleveland game.  The Titans and Colts need to lose this week.  The Dolphins need to lose one game.  And the Titans/Colts need to tie their final game.

I think the much easier path is to win their division...ravens lose to chargers then the Browns get to play them so that puts their destiny in their own hands against the ravens.

the steelers at saints but then home for bengals...steelers lose them both and Browns take the division.

only game that seems unlikely is the bengals going to the steelers...didnt the bengals crush the ravens last year?  could happen again

and I would love that if it did.   Nfl should put the fix in on these games and get Mayfield in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I think the much easier path is to win their division...ravens lose to chargers then the Browns get to play them so that puts their destiny in their own hands against the ravens.

the steelers at saints but then home for bengals...steelers lose them both and Browns take the division.

only game that seems unlikely is the bengals going to the steelers...didnt the bengals crush the ravens last year?  could happen again

and I would love that if it did.   Nfl should put the fix in on these games and get Mayfield in the playoffs.

The Browns can’t win the division.  The best they can do is the same as the worst the Steelers can do and the Steelers would win the tie-breaker.

Edited by scine09

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Browns can’t win the division.  The best they can do is the same as the worst the Steelers can do and the Steelers would win the tie-breaker.

I was looking at thier division records...didn't think about H2H.  That tie loses it for them correct?

for some reason I thought they split.  A tie for the browns back then should count as a win for them in all honesty though

Edited by bizzyeddie

28 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I was looking at thier division records...didn't think about H2H.  That tie loses it for them correct?

for some reason I thought they split.  A tie for the browns back then should count as a win for them in all honesty though

Yeah the Steelers beat them the second time.

It's amazing how close the Browns are to not only being in a position to make the playoffs but to being in the conversation for a bye.  They tied the Pittsburgh game after their kicker missed a kick in OT.  Or was it 2?  They lost the New Orleans game after leading late and their kicker missed at least 1 big kick.  They lost to Oakland after the refs overturned a call that would have given them a first down to ice the game.  And even then they still led by 8 and the Raiders had to score, get the 2 and then win in OT.  They lost to Tampa in OT.  They really could be 11-3 right now.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Yeah the Steelers beat them the second time.

It's amazing how close the Browns are to not only being in a position to make the playoffs but to being in the conversation for a bye.  They tied the Pittsburgh game after their kicker missed a kick in OT.  Or was it 2?  They lost the New Orleans game after leading late and their kicker missed at least 1 big kick.  They lost to Oakland after the refs overturned a call that would have given them a first down to ice the game.  And even then they still led by 8 and the Raiders had to score, get the 2 and then win in OT.  They lost to Tampa in OT.  They really could be 11-3 right now.

We should also be 9-5 right now if Nick Williams makes a catch, and possibly 11-3 if Mariota doesn't go down against Miami or if we convert that 2 point conversion against LAC. Such is football. 

Just now, ap24786 said:

We should also be 9-5 right now if Nick Williams makes a catch, and possibly 11-3 if Mariota doesn't go down against Miami or if we convert that 2 point conversion against LAC. Such is football. 

Well yeah and they also could have lost a few games too.  I think the Titans are about where their talent level indicates they should be.  And no Cleveland isn't a 10-4 type team.  But they've lost a ton of real tough games.

Just now, scine09 said:

Well yeah and they also could have lost a few games too.  I think the Titans are about where their talent level indicates they should be.  And no Cleveland isn't a 10-4 type team.  But they've lost a ton of real tough games.

Yeah I wasn't saying it in a condescending way. It's just crazy how a couple sequences can change the trajectory of a season. I agree we're about an 8-6 team. Our point differential is only +14. 

Just now, ap24786 said:

Yeah I wasn't saying it in a condescending way. It's just crazy how a couple sequences can change the trajectory of a season. I agree we're about an 8-6 team. Our point differential is only +14. 

I think the Texans are the perfect example of a team that's gotten breaks and is really maxed out on their win/loss record.  There's usually a team or two a year that this happens to.  Whereas Cleveland is on the other end.  Atlanta probably too.

54 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think the Texans are the perfect example of a team that's gotten breaks and is really maxed out on their win/loss record.  There's usually a team or two a year that this happens to.  Whereas Cleveland is on the other end.  Atlanta probably too.

texans will be one and done

3 hours ago, earlers said:

I don’t know why people want bad weather particularly rain, Colts are built for that. Mariota showed that he’s not really effective in the rain. And people stop acting as if it was a monsoon yesterday, it wasn’t! 

From a distance I don't see passing 30x to be a winning plan for a wet windy day, but I haven't been following the Colts closely.

How are the Colts built to be a bad weather team?