Is there any question Mahomes is MVP?

abenjami

I really don't know what to think about him yet, I feel he makes a lot of bad decisions but gets away with it because of his arm talent and the quality of their skill position players.  He looks amazing and is definitely a great playmaker I just don't know if the bad decisions will eventually catch up to him.  I am always hesitant to rate first year QBs anyway, too many times they come out looking like the next big thing then fall off a cliff.

3 minutes ago, imemtitan said:

I really don't know what to think about him yet, I feel he makes a lot of bad decisions but gets away with it because of his arm talent and the quality of their skill position players.  He looks amazing and is definitely a great playmaker I just don't know if the bad decisions will eventually catch up to him.  I am always hesitant to rate first year QBs anyway, too many times they come out looking like the next big thing then fall off a cliff.

Well ok but do you agree he’s the MVP this year?

Just now, abenjami said:

Well ok but do you agree he’s the MVP this year?

Hmm dunno, if the Chiefs lose to the Hawks and the Chargers win out, Chargers take the division, would think Rivers might be in the discussion at that point.  Up to this point Mahomes probably is the front runner just cause of the stats and how exciting he is to watch. 

Mahomes and Brees have been swapping the lead on and off,  but then the Chiefs lost to the Rams and Brees pulled ahead.  Then the Saints lost to the Cowpunks and Mahomes pulled back in front.  MVP odds are off the board right now.  Might come down to the wire this year, to see who will win it.

58 minutes ago, imemtitan said:

So you look at him like the jags defense with the turnovers last year? Good but not sure if he can sustain great?

I land somewhere in that camp, it takes alot for me to anoint a player before the end of year 2. 

I will say he does some amazing shit.

Edited by Callidus

4 hours ago, imemtitan said:

Lol Peyton Made bad decisions his first year too! 

Not sure if he will win but he most definitely should win! 

And theres no question about bout this kid, he is the real deal!

Its obvious when watching him that this is no fluke year or he will start to regress! 

first year starting QBs that have made you hesitant any of them throw for 5, 000 yards and 50 TDs? 

The kid shines against top competition too hes been lights out up against some of the best

And No the bad decisions Will not catch up to him because he makes 100x more good decisions 

Edited by Jd8

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Brees was a few weeks ago but he's trailed off. Will be tight for me. I think media will give to Mahomes regardless.

Brees was a lock about 3 weeks ago but his drop was too big to hold on. 

Every time Brees has been a contender for it some other QB has had a crazy good year