Thursday Night Football (Chargers at Chiefs)

Jonboy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crazy game, board is arguing over Mariota.  Never change Titans Report

After years of seeing Rivers and company come up short and loving it, I actually don't mind seeing him do good this year, for some reason.  Hell, the dude ain't missed a game since what, like 2005? lo

I love how some here can't just enjoy watching other players without using them as a measuring stick to tear down our own team's players.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That result was good for the Titans.  Now the Chargers will have incentive next week.  Yeah, they still wouldn't have clinched a playoff spot had they lost but it would have taken a complete collapse and a bunch of teams would have had to win out for the Chargers to miss.  Now the Chargers are thinking about home field advantage throughout the playoffs if the Chiefs can lose again and they can win out.  And the Baltimore game is next Saturday, before the Chiefs even play again.

Baltimore is in LA while the Chiefs have to go to Seattle.  Good chance Chargers win the division now, but its the Chargers they'll probably blow a 28 point lead against the Broncos.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Only matters if we can beat the Giants though.

And if they don't then among other things they'll need Denver to lose once more.  Denver's best chance at a loss is against the Chargers in week 17.

In any case I still feel like somehow the Chiefs will get the #1 seed.  Whether that's winning out or LA dropping a game (more likely).  I feel like the Chargers are winning these miraculous games and it can't continue.

Just now, imemtitan said:

Baltimore is in LA while the Chiefs have to go to Seattle.  Good chance Chargers win the division now, but its the Chargers they'll probably blow a 28 point lead against the Broncos.

Seattle has nothing to play for at this point.  The #5 seed is essentially wrapped up.  I mean 2 of their last 3 games are against the 49ers and Cardinals.  If they just win those they're 10-6 and the #5 seed.

Just now, scine09 said:

Seattle has nothing to play for at this point.  The #5 seed is essentially wrapped up.  I mean 2 of their last 3 games are against the 49ers and Cardinals.  If they just win those they're 10-6 and the #5 seed.

I don't buy the 'nothing to play for', Seattle isn't likely to roll over at home, maybe if they get way behind they won't fight back but I expect it to be a competitive game.  Plus they have two division games and those can always go haywire.

1 minute ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

After years of seeing Rivers and company come up short and loving it, I actually don't mind seeing him do good this year, for some reason.  Hell, the dude ain't missed a game since what, like 2005? lol  Fuck it, roll on powder blue.

I wouldn't mind if he finally won a championship.  I felt kind of sad for him when they had that graphic up of the other 2 QBs from 2004 had 2 SB championships each.

Just now, imemtitan said:

I don't buy the 'nothing to play for', Seattle isn't likely to roll over at home, maybe if they get way behind they won't fight back but I expect it to be a competitive game.  Plus they have two division games and those can always go haywire.

I'm not saying they'll roll over.  And it's a national TV game.  But they don't have as much to play for as KC does.

If the Chargers were to lose next Saturday against Baltimore and the Patriots lose Sunday at Pittsburgh then the Chiefs will basically have nothing to play for though.  All they'll have to do is win a game for the #1 seed.  And they host the Raiders in week 17.

Just think how the Patriots feel right about now.  Had they not given up that ridiculous TD they'd be in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in the AFC.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

I wouldn't mind if he finally won a championship.  I felt kind of sad for him when they had that graphic up of the other 2 QBs from 2004 had 2 SB championships each.

No thank you.  I don't want any more teams that haven't won yet to win before the Titans do.  It's down to 12 teams that haven't won.  

Just now, rns90 said:

What an odd reason to root against them.

Why is it odd?  Do you want the Titans to be one of or maybe eventually the only team without a ring?  I certainly don't.

I always root for the teams who have won before.  It'll change if the Titans ever do win a SB.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Why is it odd?  Do you want the Titans to be one of or maybe eventually the only team without a ring?  I certainly don't.

I always root for the teams who have won before.  It'll change if the Titans ever do win a SB.

So you'd rather root for NE or PIT in the AFC Championship game vs LA?  I hate those two teams and would much rather LAC win.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

So you'd rather root for NE or PIT in the AFC Championship game vs LA?  I hate those two teams and would much rather LAC win.

It depends on what happens in the NFC.  I think if the Saints win I'd be okay with the Chargers just because I think the Saints would beat them.  The Rams or Seahawks or another team?  I don't know.

The AFC playoff picture is going to come down to the last game for virtually every team in the race. I don't believe any team is going to be able to mail in a game. These final weeks are going to mean something for everyone. Should be a fun 3 weeks.

Edited by BeedoeLaw