Wildcard/Baltimore is sticking w/Jackson

Number9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000999021/article/lamar-jackson-named-starting-qb-vs-buccaneers

Joe Flacco put in a full practice last week to signal he is close to returning, but there won't be a quarterback controversy in Baltimore. 

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh announced Wednesday that Lamar Jackson is the starting quarterback for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with Flacco as the backup.

++++++++++++++++++++

This is a huge move in the AFC North.  Flacco is healthy and ready to play. Joe is a SB winning QB and a long time vet.  Harbaugh is choosing to start Larmar.  Obviously it because Joe sucks, but it's still a shocking move.  I didn't give Baltimore hardly any chance to beat Kansas City because I could not see Jackson running up and down the field to score enough points to keep up with KC's air attack.  But Larmar pushed the game into OT.

Flacco has it all to be an elite NFL QB.  He good looking, tall and throws a beautiful ball.  Joe's ball flies like a cruise missile, perfect spiral, but only problem is the gps works like Homer Simpson designed it.  Evidently Harbaugh has noticed this as well, so Jackson's the starter.

Think this helps or hurts the Titans chances.  The Ravens hold the H-H, so wining out isn't all we need.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes... because Tom Brady's handsomeness just wills the ball into Gronk's hands.

We can only hope Jacksonville signs Flacco in the off season...lol

You people do realize that Mahomes' play itself is what people are flipping out over and not necessarily the numbers, right? The numbers are great, but they're a result of his ability to work the pock

I think this is the right move.  Flacco isn't the same and the Ravens just aren't good enough with Flacco.  Not that they're good enough with Jackson but Jackson brings a little bit of unpredictability and significantly helps the run game.  We saw what happened against the Chiefs, they nearly won that game by controlling the clock.  And with the defense playing the run so much he has wide open throws, which he showed he can hit against the Chiefs.

That being said I don't think that he'll be able to continue to play without getting hurt with that style.  But in terms of trying to win this year I think they had to do this.  If he gets hurt then you still have Flacco on the bench.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but they see something.  The kid knows how to win football games.  Style is seriously different, but getting the most points still wins games.  Ozzie picked two HOF players in his first draft and I think he had a lot to do with this pick.  If Jackson can put up over 21 points, the Ravens are hard to beat.  I don't know about how stout and determined KC's defense is.  They let the Titans come back on them last year in the playoffs.

Edited by Number9

This whole Flacco vs. Jackson thing started blossoming in the Pitt. game that the Ravens lost 16 - 23.  I watched that one.  The play in the red zone where Jackson went out for the pass, in the right flat and was wide open for a TD, Flacco never even looked over Jackson's way at all. 

I was like WTF, does Flacco not want to give Jackson some limelight and see him score and help the team?  He jelly?  lol  Or did he really not know he was wide open?  Who knows, but after that play things went south for Flacco and the next game Jackson was starting.  Was the Flacco hip injury for real, or did Harbaugh bench Flacco for being a selfish pos?  :P :popcorn:  Shit gettin' deep in Balti'!

He is a rookie and has supplanted a SB winning QB, all the while being too dumb to play the position.  I wonder if anyone has shared his Wonderlic score with John Harbaugh?  Surely he wouldn’t stake his career on someone incapable of playing the position.  Stupid posters once again proven to be stupid.  Usual suspects.  Another day on TR.

16 hours ago, Righteous said:

He is a rookie and has supplanted a SB winning QB, all the while being too dumb to play the position.  I wonder if anyone has shared his Wonderlic score with John Harbaugh?  Surely he wouldn’t stake his career on someone incapable of playing the position.  Stupid posters once again proven to be stupid.  Usual suspects.  Another day on TR.

I tell you the one I like.  They will figure "Mahomes out next year."

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I doubt they will. Too much talent

They will to some extent, doubt he ever repeats this season. Nearly half of his Td's have been outside the design which isn't sustainable long term.

Edited by Huston

Just now, headhunter said:

Well hes not gonnna bust like RG3. Hes certainly gonna be an allpro

Of course not, he's is going to be good for awhile just not these video game numbers. Hill and Hunt had a lot to do with his numbers as well.