Cohen sentence to 36 mos.

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL  Cohen isn't going up on appeal, he's admitting guilty and going to jail for three years.  This is a serious felony, but go ahead and keep telling yourself there is nothing to this.

It's even stranger for an accused to win on appeal after a guilty plea.  LOL  but that little earl's scenario because the violation of campaign finance law in this case wasn't really a felony.  Think

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Looks like this campaign finance violation was a serious felony, not just a paper work mistake.  Mark another one of Trump's and his sheep's talking points off the list.

Was that the basis of his sentence?  No other crimes?

It is going to involve a corporation now:

Federal prosecutors said in a filing that the National Enquirer admitted to “working in concert” with the Trump campaign to pay off a woman who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump in order to squash her story, CBS News reports.

The company “admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.”

Edited by 9 Nines

34 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Was that the basis of his sentence?  No other crimes?

That's the reason he didn't get a cooperation agreement. He didn't want to discuss crimes that they didn't already know about 

Edited by reo

10 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Yeah that's trouble.

What is even bigger trouble is that all this bullshit will end up involving fraudulent bank disclosures and transfers to disguise the true nature of the transactions. I.e. bank fraud. And wire fraud. And conspiracy to commit both.

American Media is not publicly traded but has public debt.  I am not familiar with filings for public debt only. Perhaps it violated security laws for not disclosing it but I do not know what filing requirements for debt are. 

Edited by 9 Nines

4 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

American Media is not publicly traded but has public debt.  I am not familiar with filings for public debt only. Perhaps it violated security laws for not disclosing it but I do not know what filing requirements for debt are. 

I'm talking about the actual financial transactions of the money going back and forth amongst all these people.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

Looks like this campaign finance violation was a serious felony, not just a paper work mistake.  Mark another one of Trump's and his sheep's talking points off the list.

No it wasn't.   And if Cohen's lawyers can prove that it was, he will win on appeal since there was no campaign finance violation.