Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Oklahoma RT/RG Cody Ford

Yes the thought of using possibly another first round pick on the OL make me sick but until JRob possibly addresses the issue in FA you simply can't entirely rule out the possibility of it happening.

There is no doubt with the move to a zone blocking scheme we need to get more athletic on the OL, Oklahoma RT Cody Ford would be a perfect match for this scheme with the added bonus of being able to play either RT or RG which would give you another RT option if Conklin continues to struggle or this latest knee injury is significant.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Kyle021   

Great prospect but not this year. 

Three reasons

#1 we have to bookend pro bowl OTs

#2 this draft is loaded with DTs, DE’s at OLB’s

i like this kid. His game is very good and he will go top 25

which means that pushes another DL right into our lap

Kyle021   
On 12/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, headhunter said:

Id draft him in the first or second.

Admittedly I didn’t watch any of those clips but good grief. That boy has agile feet and hips and he just can’t be moved. He threw that DE to the ground. 

Violent. 

Love it. 

But we we need an edge rusher first.  

Soxcat   

We need the best darn player we can get first.  Last year we took an ILB over an edge rusher "first" and traded up to get him (as in JRob could have just waited and had Landry if he missed on Evans).  We did get Landry later.  

So here is the point.  If there is an edge rusher or DE "throwing people to the ground and dominating them" available.  Why not?  I think JRob wants those kind of players.  He can get decent JAGs late in the draft and FA.  He wants guys who can be special. 

Kyle021   
13 hours ago, Soxcat said:

We need the best darn player we can get first.  Last year we took an ILB over an edge rusher "first" and traded up to get him (as in JRob could have just waited and had Landry if he missed on Evans).  We did get Landry later.  

So here is the point.  If there is an edge rusher or DE "throwing people to the ground and dominating them" available.  Why not?  I think JRob wants those kind of players.  He can get decent JAGs late in the draft and FA.  He wants guys who can be special. 

This is JR approach in draft. 

Quality over quantity. Get quality and quantity vets in FA 

ctm   
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Kyle021 said:

This is JR approach in draft. 

Quality over quantity. Get quality and quantity vets in FA 

He's also relying on undrafted free agents being coached up.  So far, that appears to be working.

Kyle021   
3 hours ago, ctm said:

He's also relying on undrafted free agents being coached up.  So far, that appears to be working.

Firkser and Finchshouldve been 4-6th rounders

On 12/14/2018 at 11:18 AM, headhunter said:

Walterfootball has us taking him in the first round

Would not mind that at all. I know everyone hates OL in the 1st but we're not picking top 10 and we need interior help desperately.