Peter King's Titan musings this week

pamo9

A - I guess I’d pay Marcus Mariota if I were Tennessee GM Jon Robinson. But I’d be conservative on the guarantee. We still don’t know if he’s even above average as an NFL quarterback. That interception in the first half Thursday, when he threw way high … scary.

Wonder if finger was issue at all... Nah probably just horrific throw on run

B -  In another life, on another team, Jurrell Casey would be a consistent Pro Bowler, and be on his way to a borderline Hall of Fame life. He’s a poor man’s Aaron Donald.

SO VERY TRUE

C -  Nothing personal against the Titans, but did the NFL overexpose them when scheduling back in April? I think so. National TV for games 7 (versus the Chargers from London), 8 (Monday night at Dallas), 11 (Monday night at Houston), 13 (Thursday night versus Jacksonville) … That’s four times in eight weekends. Seems a bit much.

I enjoyed it

AND in awards section  Derrick Henry -The 2015 Heisman winner from Alabama and 2016 second-round pick of the Titans, Henry managed only 1,234 yards in his first two NFL seasons, and lumbering toward 500 yards Thursday night against the Jags. He didn’t even start the game. But midway through the second quarter Henry took a handoff at his 1-yard line and stiff-armed his way through four Jaguars down the left sideline. The 99-yard touchdown run tied Tony Dorsett for the long run in NFL history, and sent him on his way to a 17-carry, 238-yard, four-TD night. He averaged14.0 yards per rush. It’s one of the best games an NFL running back has ever had. And he didn’t start. Did I mention that?

Edited by pamo9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over exposed? Pfft. We played pretty damn good in all but one of those games so fuck him. Exposure is what helps get a guy like Casey's name out there. He's arguing against his own argument. 

That's why we're getting all the 'exposure' on TV this year.  The NFL is preparing the nation for the Titans to turn the corner and be relevant.  Along with the 2019 Draft in Nashville, and more expos

A - I guess I’d pay Marcus Mariota if I were Tennessee GM Jon Robinson. But I’d be conservative on the guarantee. We still don’t know if he’s even above average as an NFL quarterback. That interceptio

I haven't read King since he moved sites but he's fine for disposable/harmless national media.  ...And that's his whole shtick.  Of course he thinks the Titans are "overexposed."  As part of the national media, the Titans are just part of the faceless crowd that the East-coast teams and "Great-when-I-was-a-kid-in-the-70s" teams play to fill up their 16-game schedule.  These teams don't "beat" the likes of the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, or Patriots; the "big" teams "lose" to the Titans, et al.  

King gets more clicks by focusing on the established audiences.  With a couple decades of winning, the Patriots will now be included with the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, 9ers, as teams that "make the NFL good."  Hell, Bill Simmons whined on his podcast that "the AFC sucks" because the Patriots lost.  

29 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I haven't read King since he moved sites but he's fine for disposable/harmless national media.  ...And that's his whole shtick.  Of course he thinks the Titans are "overexposed."  As part of the national media, the Titans are just part of the faceless crowd that the East-coast teams and "Great-when-I-was-a-kid-in-the-70s" teams play to fill up their 16-game schedule.  These teams don't "beat" the likes of the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, or Patriots; the "big" teams "lose" to the Titans, et al.  

King gets more clicks by focusing on the established audiences.  With a couple decades of winning, the Patriots will now be included with the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, 9ers, as teams that "make the NFL good."  Hell, Bill Simmons whined on his podcast that "the AFC sucks" because the Patriots lost.  

It'd be great to have the Titans make the playoffs if only because it would force the Peter Kings of the sports media world to have to keep talking about them.

24 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Did he mention Derrick Henry doesn't start......

Henry now averages 4.9 YPC and only gets 11 carries a game.

Lewis averages 3.3 YPC and gets 11 carries a game.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess Lewis has the lowest average per carry of any STARTING RB. 

Henry by the way now has over 700 yards rushing and if the coaching staff has any sense he will be getting 1000 yards this year.

But hey, Lewis has two TDs (one running, another receiving).  Henry only has 9. 

In fairness, it was 3.7 PC before the Jags game.....

4 minutes ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

That's why we're getting all the 'exposure' on TV this year.  The NFL is preparing the nation for the Titans to turn the corner and be relevant.  Along with the 2019 Draft in Nashville, and more exposure next season, the decade of dominance (2020-2030) will begin soon enough! ;) 

One can only hope.

16 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It'd be great to have the Titans make the playoffs if only because it would force the Peter Kings of the sports media world to have to keep talking about them.

Last year they were dismissive.  Remember The Ringer's Robert Mays?

Dude had a hardon for the trash-talking Jaguars and tried to create a narrative about them before they imploded.  He apparently ranks trash-talking as more important on his personal preferences.  

18 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Last year they were dismissive.  Remember The Ringer's Robert Mays?

Dude had a hardon for the trash-talking Jaguars and tried to create a narrative about them before they imploded.  He apparently ranks trash-talking as more important on his personal preferences.  

lol After Ramsey made a fool of himself by saying "We goin' to da Super Bowl and we gon' win dat bitch!"  May's dick was probably so hard, he couldn't sleep for a week! (until they lost to NE.)

Edited by TitanedUpSince'70

6 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No mention of the fact the Titans are the only team to beat both of the Superbowl teams from the 2017 season?

Huh, imagine that.

I would like to know if there’s any team in NFL history with more than 3 wins against championship game teams from the previous year.  The Titans are 4-0 in those games.

27 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No mention of the fact the Titans are the only team to beat both of the Superbowl teams from the 2017 season?

Huh, imagine that.

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I would like to know if there’s any team in NFL history with more than 3 wins against championship game teams from the previous year.  The Titans are 4-0 in those games.

I was going to respond that the Titans have beaten the Eagles, Patriots and then the Jags twice.  

22 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Jurrell Casey doesnt belong in the same sentence as Donald. Not even in a "poor mans" comparison.

Donald has gave OLs fits since day 1. Even when the Rams didnt have other good front 7 players to take attention off him. 

And I'm sure some girls will make a big deal out of it but it's not disrespectful to Casey to say no one belongs in the same sentence as Donald. 

I think a more accurate (and true) comparison would be that of Fletcher Cox. Donald is by far in a league of his own. 

And fuck the "overexposed" narrative. How many national games have the overrated Squeelers gotten?

It's about time damnit. Teams that win playoffs games should get the spotlight. Not jokers that lose home playoff games.

Yeah Donald and Watt( I consider watt more of a DT) are probably the two best interior rushers ever. Casey is certainly a top 3 or 4 interior rusher in the league and has been for a few years but you can take him out of games. You literally can’t stop Donald and Watt.