Around the NFL

OILERMAN

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don’t understand people rooting for the Colts in this game. 

Absolutely unreal game slate today. This is why dec NFL football rules.

If Mahomes cant pull this out time to root for the Steelers to fold while the Ravens win the division.

25 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Bill Belichick should get slammed by the way for how that game ended.  There were a ton of issues with how he handled the end of the game.  here's the sequence:

1. He should have been taking deep shots on low % throws with time running out.  He got bailed out by the DPI.

2. When he was in goal to goal situation he should have taken a knee as Miami couldn't stop the clock after 2nd down.  The only chances that they had to win were if the Patriots fumbled or if they tried a FG, which brings us to 3

3. Kicking a FG.  WTF?  Literally the only chance the Dolphins had at that point was to either block the kick, return the kickoff or run a bunch of laterals, which brings us to 4

4. They should have kicked it out of the end zone.  Don't give Miami a chance to run it back.  As a result they got better field position.

5. And the worst of all is WTF was Rob Gronkowski doing on the field on the last play of the game???  Everyone knew they were going to try a short pass with a bunch of laterals.  The minute they don't throw the Hail Mary Gronkowski becomes a liability.  He can barely move, is questionable every week, misses half the games, might have to retire due to his injuries and he's on the final play expected to tackle either a running back or a wide receiver??

Seriously, if this was a coach with a reputation for poor in-game management he'd be getting absolutely crucified.  But since it was Belichick he's going to get a pass.  But this was as bad end of game coaching as I've seen this year.  And probably the worst that Belichick has ever had.

The Gronk thing was insane. The Ball was on the 30 yard line. Did Belichick think Tannehill was going to throw a 75 yard Hail Mary?

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

As things stand right now the Falcons would be picking 4th in the 2019 Draft, they have been killed by defensive injuries but there is far too much offensive talent for them to be so bad this year.

If it was me I'd get rid of Dan Quinn.  I just don't think he's a very good coach and you're right they should be better.