Around the NFL

OILERMAN

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don’t understand people rooting for the Colts in this game. 

Absolutely unreal game slate today. This is why dec NFL football rules.

If Mahomes cant pull this out time to root for the Steelers to fold while the Ravens win the division.

22 minutes ago, japan said:

Looks like the great DiFillppo may get the boot?

i think theres a huge learning curve for first time playcallers. silly to boot a guy after 1 season doing it. i wouldnt want lafleur gone after this year and he's struggled plenty at times. .. granted, we dont have half the talent (healthy or otherwise) that they do. 

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

skins record was 7-9 last season. 

before smiths injury they were 6-5 with a solid chance to beat last years record. they could still technically surpass last years win total. 

I don't know how the NFL can fairly compensate RBs, but they do need to look into it.  They provide a lot of offense in a short career.  The Steelers solution, TAG, TAG, CUT.  Bell had 400 touches in 2017 and they planned to get him that many or more this season.  Basically, use him up.  He's not getting the big second contract and they didn't give a shit.

Do you miss me now?

Connor is just as good, look at his rushing yards, blah, blah.  The Steelers are scrapping to make the playoffs.  Cleveland tied them, da Raiders?  Bell had 655 receiving yards and 1200 rushing last season.  Bell made the Steelers a much more dynamic team and they would probably be playing for home field throughout.  Now, they may not get in.  Bell and players who bring that much to the table should earn top NFL money.  They have short careers, but the importance of their contributions should not be short changed.

Fix it.

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't know how the NFL can fairly compensate RBs, but they do need to look into it.  They provide a lot of offense in a short career.  The Steelers solution, TAG, TAG, CUT.  Bell had 400 touches in 2017 and they planned to get him that many or more this season.  Basically, use him up.  He's not getting the big second contract and they didn't give a shit.

Do you miss me now?

Connor is just as good, look at his rushing yards, blah, blah.  The Steelers are scrapping to make the playoffs.  Cleveland tied them, da Raiders?  Bell had 655 receiving yards and 1200 rushing last season.  Bell made the Steelers a much more dynamic team and they would probably be playing for home field throughout.  Now, they may not get in.  Bell and players who bring that much to the table should earn top NFL money.  They have short careers, but the importance of their contributions should not be short changed.

Fix it.

It makes no sense to pay RBs big money when you can draft one for cheap that can produce.