“I don’t think they’re gonna run the ball (well) with either running back”

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The All-22 will show the best run blocking we've seen in years. Give Henry reasonable running room and he will make you pay dearly. Nothing mystical or complicated about it. The real questions are how

Quote from @OILERMAN on the latest podcast before the Jags game. I don’t post this to call him out; I post this to show how weird football can be, especially at this level. Before the game I would hav

This is just a flawed and stupid rationalization of awful OL play.    Even if Mariota shared some responsibility for some of the sacks, don't you think it is equally likely that any QB that sits behin

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

The All-22 will show the best run blocking we've seen in years. Give Henry reasonable running room and he will make you pay dearly. Nothing mystical or complicated about it. The real questions are how they improved the blocking so much in one week and can they keep this up?

Blocking has been the main problem all year. Too inconsistent for both the running game and passing. Fixing the O line this offseason  will be huge going forward.

7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Quote from @OILERMAN on the latest podcast before the Jags game. I don’t post this to call him out; I post this to show how weird football can be, especially at this level. Before the game I would have agreed with him — I didn’t think we were going to be successful running with a back. Then Henry goes out and has the best game of any RB in Titans/Oilers history. Football is weird. 

Uh yea, I don't really think predicting the Titans wouldn't be able to run the vs the Jags defense was too 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

The All-22 will show the best run blocking we've seen in years. 

The OL was totally blowing the Jags DL yards off the ball and also collapsing outside containment 

The Titans also played a lot of heavy sets and a ton of 21 personnel and just ran right at them too.

I'd guess after the Colts game and then the short week the Jags weren't too interested because there is no way in hell the Titans OL should have dominated that defensive front like that

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Blocking has been the main problem all year. Too inconsistent for both the running game and passing. Fixing the O line this offseason  will be huge going forward.

After all, they gave up 11 sacks in one game and the tried to blame a quarter of them on Mariota. Sounds familiar?

15 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Quote from @OILERMAN on the latest podcast before the Jags game. I don’t post this to call him out; I post this to show how weird football can be, especially at this level. Before the game I would have agreed with him — I didn’t think we were going to be successful running with a back. Then Henry goes out and has the best game of any RB in Titans/Oilers history. Football is weird. 

People who are willing to take a stand before the event happens deserve some credit.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  Now @OILERMAN didn't step that far out on a limb with his statement because he had 12 games worth of evidence to base his deduction on.  The odds were very high in favor of him being right.  Had he said before the game he expected Henry to run for over 200 yards and get multiple TDs, the TR Podcast rating would be through the roof.

Edited by Number9

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

People who are willing to take a stand before the event happens deserve some credit.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  Now @OILERMAN didn't step that far out on a limb with his statement because he had 12 games worth of evidence to base his deduction on.  The odds were very high in favor of him being right.  Had he said before the game he expected Henry to run for over 200 yards and get multiple TDs, the TR Podcast rating would be through the roof.

Induction, not deduction. But yeah, I hear you. Based on previous games, there was no reason to think our run game would be this good. However, Henry has been running well enough for game like this. He just gets hit behind the line too much.

I think that while the line played better, the TEs made the real difference in some cases. Pruitt played very well, for example. Watch him on the 99 yard run. Blocked a guy for like 20 yards! And it was Smith, a good LBer. Fun to watch! 

I think it's also pretty obvious the Jags pretty much laid down. Let's not act like that's not a factor. I think after the 4th down stop and the 99yder they mailed it in. 

The Jags DL vs the Titans OL is a total mismatch and the Titans dominated it. Henry had wide open lanes. 

I'll def say this, a defense half assing it will get destroyed in the open field vs Henry running free. 

The whole notion of this post would have been if after the Pats game someone called me out for predicting that Brady would outplay Mariota.

Ha ha Oman said Brady would outplay Mariota!!!

2 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

They were trying to tackle him. 

I thought the 3rd and 4th TDs it was obvious they weren't giving effort, the 99yder he was just throwing them off

41 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think it's also pretty obvious the Jags pretty much laid down. Let's not act like that's not a factor. I think after the 4th down stop and the 99yder they mailed it in. 

The Jags DL vs the Titans OL is a total mismatch and the Titans dominated it. Henry had wide open lanes. 

I'll def say this, a defense half assing it will get destroyed in the open field vs Henry running free. 

Pretty interesting Lewis went What again with same amount of touches? Something like 8 for 10.