Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Rashan Evans is for real... Did the OL show up for once? Can Henry be a zone runner? Is this how the run game should be?

Recommended Posts

Kyle021   

First...If the blocking is like this every week... will Henry be a touchdown and 4-5+ ypc machine?

 

we did this against the best DL in football. A top 3 front 7

 

Henry broke out and hit the hole hard. No dancing. Positive yards. Run with authority. He looked like Tarzan and played like a beast. 

 

If this OL clicks, and the run game is jump started... teams will stack the box and MM will pick them apart. 

 

This performance by the OL and Henry are major for the passing game. 

 

I dont think we address RB this year via draft or FA after this game unless Henry goes back to his previous self. Robinson loves him and that’s what he envisioned drafting him. So... yeah. Take RB off the list of offseason needs and watchJR address OL and Edge

 

Rahsaan Evans. This is what we expected when trading up for him. 

 

Ever since the bye bye he has been on fire and playing premium football and is as instinctive in the run game as they come and is extremely valuable. He stood up Fournette a few times and stopped him on fourth and goal. Super impressive performance and he just gets even better after every week. 

 

We we have ourselves a star in the making at MLB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

We we have ourselves a star in the making at MLB 

Evans and Henry coming full circle tonight.  It was Henry who wanted JRob to take Evans, when they trolled everyone in that Bama video clip. lol  I wanted Evans from then on and thought we'd take him.  Boom!  He's looking good.  Glad the punk ass Steelers didn't get a chance at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   
7 minutes ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Evans and Henry coming full circle tonight.  It was Henry who wanted JRob to take Evans, when they trolled everyone in that Bama video clip. lol  I wanted Evans from then on and thought we'd take him.  Boom!  He's looking good.  Glad the punk ass Steelers didn't get a chance at him.

I too wanted Evans. I settled on him as my priority guy in round 1 above everyone who could be there and he sure is proving it. 

 

The orher dudes I wanted were Ridley, Moore or Harrison the S

 

While Ridley and Moore would be amazing to have... Evans is a huge difference maker for defense and we get it done with current WR and will add to the group in FA and draft this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it was more of the Jags just giving up than us being this good from the looks of it they were done 

They did look done long before the game was over.

And then celebrating like they'd won the divisional round over a BS incomplete TD pass.

 

I think they, more than anyone, know they bitched up in 2018 royally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRT   
4 hours ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

.... coming full circle tonight. 

I don’t think any truer words have been said.  Not only the two players in this post but the entire team - players and staff have been spinning in circles all year.  Week to week there are new highs and new lows.  I hope this these circles are the path of the Titans moving from being consistently bad to being consistently competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FRT said:

I don’t think any truer words have been said.  Not only the two players in this post but the entire team - players and staff have been spinning in circles all year.  Week to week there are new highs and new lows.  I hope this these circles are the path of the Titans moving from being consistently bad to being consistently competitive.

Growing pains. Even athletic kids have those awkward year before they become athletic adults. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GOAT9   

I still don't feel that we have been able to see a full sample of Henry yet. They need to consistently give him around 20 carries so we can see if he can really be a lead back day in and day out. I think he can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Henry has been running better than Lewis for weeks. I really don't see how anyone else doesn't see that. Lewis doesn't run with enough conviction. Early in the game, he had a screen that was almost an automatic first down. Instead, he danced around and fell two yards short. No reason for it at all. He stops way too much. Henry once had that problem too, but our RB coach got it out of him, and now look at him. He should be our lead back for the rest of this year, honestly. 

I said the same thing about the screen. There’s simply no way an NFL running back shouldn’t get an easy first down right there. He’s legitimately been hard to watch for the last month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I said the same thing about the screen. There’s simply no way an NFL running back shouldn’t get an easy first down right there. He’s legitimately been hard to watch for the last month. 

Jrob didn't pick up McNichols for no reason. He also tried to off Henry if you remember.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
earlers   
51 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Henry has been running better than Lewis for weeks. I really don't see how anyone else doesn't see that. Lewis doesn't run with enough conviction. Early in the game, he had a screen that was almost an automatic first down. Instead, he danced around and fell two yards short. No reason for it at all. He stops way too much. Henry once had that problem too, but our RB coach got it out of him, and now look at him. He should be our lead back for the rest of this year, honestly. 

I agree. That late touchdown attempt by Deion should give you all you need. Deion is not a home run hitter like Henry. Honestly, Titans could cut Lewis and not be missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×