Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

The 99-Yard Run

Nztitans   
2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

But watching Henry once he gets in space with a head of steam, WTF are you gonna do?

Lol. Tackle properly like they’re paid to do? You see one on one tackling all the time in rugby where smaller guys take down bigger guys when they have a head of steam. Don’t get me wrong though. Loved Henry running all over them. Fuck the Jags

Rolltide   

AJ Bouye's tackle attempt was textbook. You angle the guy towards the sideline, keep your feet and run him out of bounds. Henry was just too strong. 

The only weak tackle attempt was Miles Jack who was tossed aside like a child at the end. 

You can fault Jag players for over committing to the inside run. If a team plays perfect or near perfect defense they never give up a 99 yard run. I don't know how anybody could take anything away from Henry.  

Rolltide   
3 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

He's not entirely wrong.

But watching Henry once he gets in space with a head of steam, WTF are you gonna do?

Concuss yourself going at his knees?  Nobody is that stupid. 

48 should have gone for Henry's waist to push him OOB.  But he got ragdolled instead.

Bouye should have known better too.  Before Henry got up to speed.

This is what so many of us have been waiting for.

Henry getting out of the backfield with some momentum, and no holding call at the LOS.

Early in Bama's first game in 2015 vs Wisconsin Henry had a routine 3-4 yard gain off tackle. The strong safety made the hit at Henry's knees. 

As Bama lined up for their next play that SS was standing 5 yards behind the Bama offense no clue where he was, concussed and out for the game. Cam Robinson was signaling for the Wisconsin sidelines to come and get the poor guy.  

scine09   

I said this in the game thread.  It looked like a 50 yard run with how fast and big Henry is.  I couldn't believe it when I saw how far down the field he actually was after all the stiff arms.

It was a great run.  It wasn't as good as Lynch's run, though.  I also remember Blount having an amazing run against the Packers in 2011.  But this was certainly one of the best runs ever (obviously).

scine09   
1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

AJ Bouye's tackle attempt was textbook. You angle the guy towards the sideline, keep your feet and run him out of bounds. Henry was just too strong. 

The only weak tackle attempt was Miles Jack who was tossed aside like a child at the end. 

You can fault Jag players for over committing to the inside run. If a team plays perfect or near perfect defense they never give up a 99 yard run. I don't know how anybody could take anything away from Henry.  

Myles Jack should give away his check for last night's performance.  Henry also abused him on the 3rd TD run.

Mythos27   
1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Myles Jack should give away his check for last night's performance.  Henry also abused him on the 3rd TD run.

Taywan Taylor also ran through one of his tackle attempts for a first down.