Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

The 99-Yard Run

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

My view might change, but I wanna say Henry’s run was better than Marshawn’s. The only thing Marshawn had that I found maybe more impressive was escaping the initial hole. 

 

But Henry’s was a 99-yarder.  And all those stiff arms. And the breakaway speed. 

 

Currently, I’m sitting at Henry with number one. 

This morning's paper said Henry reached 21.7 mph on that run which is the fastest of any RB this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japan   
27 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

This morning's paper said Henry reached 21.7 mph on that run which is the fastest of any RB this season.

On the 50 yarder.  Not the 99 yarder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, japan said:

On the 50 yarder.  Not the 99 yarder.

Still, though. The breakaway speed really set Henry’s apart from Lynch’s. 

 

And Henry’s was more impressive than Dorsett’s. I just hope he can continue to build on that performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythos27   
2 hours ago, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

Giving him space is more important than the amount of carries. 

Exactly. This idea that all Henry needs is 25 carries a game to be a beast is misguided. Yes, more carries of course give him a better chance to break a big run but in terms of per carry efficiency it's all about having running room. I'll take a 11 carry well blocked game over a 22 carry game with little to no running room every day and twice on Sunday.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Exactly. This idea that all Henry needs is 25 carries a game to be a beast is misguided. Yes, more carries of course give him a better chance to break a big run but in terms of per carry efficiency it's all about having running room. I'll take a 11 carry well blocked game over a 22 carry game with little to no running room every day and twice on Sunday.. 

The long touchdown runs he made eclipsed another 10 or so carries he might have gotten had the drives, with no big gainers, gone the length of the field to First and Goal instead of culminating with 50+ and 99 yards to the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soxcat   
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

Giving him space is more important than the amount of carries. 

Henry is the kind of back that can break one at any time.  But he is also a RB that gets better with carries and this has been the case for many RBs.  Nothing new. 

Now obviously a RB needs some blocking.  But the logic either way is simple.  Do we want a lesser RB getting carries over Henry?  Gurley had a whopping 28 yards on 11 carries last game.  Per some on this board he is the fastest, most powerful runner in the NFL (maybe NFL history).  So yea, blocking helps.  But should someone besides Gurley be getting carries on the Rams?  How does it help to give the ball to a midget 180 pound RB when the OL isn't opening big holes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 10:43 AM, charleytolar said:

The long touchdown runs he made eclipsed another 10 or so carries he might have gotten had the drives, with no big gainers, gone the length of the field to First and Goal instead of culminating with 50+ and 99 yards to the house.

There was actually a short run of 11 or 12 yards that got lost in all the TD runs. He powered through several defenders and contact started at the LOS. With a crease he can do this most every time. If people don't believe this tires out defenders they have never wrestled.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×