Week 14: Jags at Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

40 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If they add a RB Henry will be the one replaced not Lewis 

This I think you are wrong about.  Lewis is 28, Henry is 24.  Lewis has more years on his contract but I just don't see Titans going with a 30 year old Lewis as the primary back in 2020.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This I think you are wrong about.  Lewis is 28, Henry is 24.  Lewis has more years on his contract but I just don't see Titans going with a 30 year old Lewis as the primary back in 2020.

A better argument is they'll add a RB and keep both, but they would replace Henry before Lewis. You realize Lewis is still getting the majority of snaps right? They tried to get rid of Henry a month or so ago 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

A better argument is they'll add a RB and keep both, but they would replace Henry before Lewis. You realize Lewis is still getting the majority of snaps right? They tried to get rid of Henry a month or so ago 

Ideally add a RB to do Lewis's job, i.e. a Christian McCaffrey type, drop the old man, and then phase out Henry.

Would be real nervous depending on Lewis's speed as he ages.

28 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

There is such a gap between the way he's played most of the year and how he played Jax I don't see how people can have so much confidence in Henry moving forward. I kinda expect Cinderella to lose her slipper next week.

That being said, he was exciting as hell to watch Thursday. It was like watching a HoF RB plow through a high school defense. And even though you can't really make any real judgement call on the oline given they were playing against a beaten dline, if they can open up holes more consistently then maybe Henry can play closer to what we saw Thursday than what we've seen all year. I don't anticipate that happening, but it'd sure be nice to have a solid rushing attack to take some pressure off the passing game.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

There is such a gap between the way he's played most of the year and how he played Jax I don't see how people can have so much confidence in Henry moving forward. I kinda expect Cinderella to lose her slipper next week.

That being said, he was exciting as hell to watch Thursday. It was like watching a HoF RB plow through a high school defense. And even though you can't really make any real judgement call on the oline given they were playing against a beaten dline, if they can open up holes more consistently then maybe Henry can play closer to what we saw Thursday than what we've seen all year. I don't anticipate that happening, but it'd sure be nice to have a solid rushing attack to take some pressure off the passing game.

Since the bye he's been excellent.  Obviously this week's numbers were absurd but until now he was just getting so few carries.

It really is a tale of two seasons for Henry.  I don't know how things turned around the way they have.  Come to think of it, that's similar to Evans.  A Tide thing?  ?  But anyways I have hope he can continue it into next week.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

There is such a gap between the way he's played most of the year and how he played Jax I don't see how people can have so much confidence in Henry moving forward.

The bigger issue is the run blocking, it's unlikely it's that good again

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The bigger issue is the run blocking, it's unlikely it's that good again

This. You never know what you will get week to week. Henry was good against Jacksonville last year too, but has been a dud the other 12 games this year. I hope they use him more the remaining 3 games and see if he can keep something going, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic