gnawed

10-6 probably won't get us in the playoffs...

gnawed   

I sure hope it does, but:

Division winners:

Patriots 9-3

Chiefs 10-2/Chargers 9-3

Steelers 7-4-1/Ravens 7-5

Texans 9-3

Wild Card:

Chiefs 10-2/Chargers 9-3

Steelers 7-4-1/Ravens 7-5

Dolphins 6-6

Broncos 6-6

Colts 6-6 (doesn't matter)

IF we win out, we would pretty much need the Steelers to lose to the Saints AND Pats or the Ravens to lose to the Chargers AND Chiefs. There are other things that need to happen, but this is the main thing. 

Titan Up!

No 10-6 team should ever be left out of the playoffs. It's just a matter of time before they add a 3rd wild card team in each conference.

ap24786   

Are you sure? What if hypothetically the Steelers lose each game except for one of the Pats and Saints and Ravens lose each game except to one of the Chargers and Raiders. Steelers would be 8-7-1 and Ravens would be 8-8. 

Callidus   

Ignoring if we win out our chances are fairly good to get in.

I like how he thinks lossing to the saints and pats or chargers and chiefs is some giant hurdle lol. Its not like we need the Chiefs to lose to the 49ers and Raiders

41 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not an exact science, but on this Titans make it in 82% of the scenarios they win out(based on 50k+ simulations). https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/tennessee-titans-nfl-playoff-picture.html#ten-jax-14=win&nyg-ten-15=loss&ten-was-16=win&ten-ind-17=win

Yeah, If we win out we "probably will" make the playoffs but there's still a really solid chance we won't. That definitely would suck.

abenjami   

We can all forget about the Pats, Chiefs, Texans and Chargers. 

Basically we need to beat out the Ravens or Steelers for the last wildcard spot. 

I’m not concerned with the Dolphins or Colts. Neither of those teams wins out. 

The ravens will lose to the chiefs and chargers. steelers will lose to the pats and saints. If we win out we finish with a better record than both of them. The broncos are our biggest competition. 

Edited by BeedoeLaw

nine   
1 hour ago, Cookie said:

The Titans will win the next 3 games and will lose to the Colts and miss the playoff . Classic Titans😫

Im just as concerned about the road game vs Giants.   Offense has been absolutely horrible on the road this year.

Soxcat   
7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Not an exact science, but on this Titans make it in 82% of the scenarios they win out(based on 50k+ simulations). https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/tennessee-titans-nfl-playoff-picture.html#ten-jax-14=win&nyg-ten-15=loss&ten-was-16=win&ten-ind-17=win

Exactly.  Real good chance we get in if we win out.  Obviously in a tie with the Ravens or Chargers for the last spot we don't.

1 minute ago, nine said:

Im just as concerned about the road game vs Giants.   Offense has been absolutely horrible on the road this year.

1 game at a time. The Jags are due for a win in the series; tonight makes me nervous. if they get by the Jags then I'll worry about the next opponent. 10-6 will get it done though.