Sign in to follow this  
9 Nines

Evangelicals seem to fully follow Trump yet he does not even respect them

9 Nines   

He will not even participate in basic parts of their church. While everyone else, including Jewish people, are reciting the Apostles' Creed, he and his trophy wife just stand there with angry looks on their faces.

Edited by 9 Nines

begooode   

*I ain’t reading that. What did they call it,.. Apollo Creed? Nah,... great movie though,.. people pulled for Rocky, and it’s a great American story, the Italian Stallion,.. I guess that’s American, whatever.... but Apollo Creed was pretty awesome,... and that Uncle Sam get up,. that hat!... wait, where am I again?,...*

apollo-creed.jpg

Rogue   

This is one of the more interesting aspects of Trump's assention.  The evangelicals.  Tux would be one, and he's over his head in conspiracy.  But I didn't see evangelicals as conspiracy nuts.  Yet, we see many Christians on here and they believe, and nothing can change their mind, even reality, that every Obama scandal was a real thing that he somehow got away with given complete GOP oversight.  It would seem they are susceptible to conspiracy. 

I think the conclusion is the political Christian right is far more political than Christian, but most of us knew that anyway.  Now we just have the stamp of approval. 

I wonder if these people recognize the damage to their brand.  I'm guessing not.

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

But I didn't see evangelicals as conspiracy nuts. 

The blind faith that allows someone to be an extreme religious believer is the exact same trait that makes them likely to believe in conspiracy theories and fall for all sorts of bullshit. 

Just think of of how many suckers waste their life savings giving money to televangelists and other flimflam men like Jim and Tammy Faye Baker. Same thing.

Soxcat   

Guys it is still about issues.  So you think the evangelicals are going to rally around some atheist, abortion loving liberal?  You think evangelicals are going to be in love with any of those pseudo Christians on the left?  Here we have the double standard again. 

MadMax   
57 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Guys it is still about issues.  So you think the evangelicals are going to rally around some atheist, abortion loving liberal?  You think evangelicals are going to be in love with any of those pseudo Christians on the left?  Here we have the double standard again. 

Do you really think the left is pro abortion?   We're coming for your unborn, whether you like it or not?  Give us your fetuses!  

Don't go full Soxcat.