titaninpgh

Firkser playing over Jonnu

9 minutes ago, japan said:

I’m told by some on here that Firkser and Smith have the same skill set and that Firkser doesn’t block.  Wouldn’t you want the more athletic Smith on the field? 

He can play on 3rd down in the slot

OILERMAN   
12 minutes ago, japan said:

I’m told by some on here that Firkser and Smith have the same skill set and that Firkser doesn’t block.  Wouldn’t you want the more athletic Smith on the field? 

Smith is on the field way more

I would love to go into the draft being able to take BPA in the 1st. I would feel comfortable in that situation if we were able to secure a G, vet WR, and vet OLB (someone like Shane Ray from the broncos) in FA. If we could secure those positions in FA, I would be good with BPA in the 1st, and need the rest of the way.

Last year so many RBs came out that fit this offense and we didnt take a single one really pisses me off. This RB class is so bad, it may be the worst one Ive witnessed since following the draft. 

Kyle021   
4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Last year so many RBs came out that fit this offense and we didnt take a single one really pisses me off. This RB class is so bad, it may be the worst one Ive witnessed since following the draft. 

Agree. 

I like Love and Williams and Anderson. That’s it

Mike Keith interviewed Vrabel after the game. Keith asked a generic question about injuries, and Vrabel took the opportunity to talk about how much he loves Jonnu. He said Jonnu holds a special place in his mind, for his love of football and the team. Mentioned that he would want his children to be like Jonnu. He said hopefully he won’t be out for too long. 

2 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

It’s an ACL. He is done for season. 

On to Firkser and Stocker and Pruitt

a shame bc Smith was playing like a starter

Is that for certain or were they pulling on it like an acl to see?

If Jonnu has an acl he’ll be lucky to be back in form next season. Him and Delanie recovering from serious injuries and down time means we’ve got firkser and that’s pretty much it next season. 

Bump up TE in the list of needs

Face   

If Vrabel was talking like that about Jonnu it's not good. It would seriously suck the way he's come on, he's perfect for this offense withhos speed & move blocking ability.

Tbat said, I have a feeling MyCole Pruitt surprises. He was a great college TE & had an insane combine.

nine   

Titans' TE coach Arthur Smith deserves a lot of credit this year.    Losing Delanie was a huge blow and it took a few weeks to get any kind of production from the TE position...but Smith really coached his guys up and now has them playing at a consistently high level.

Hopefully it's just a sprain or hyperextension for Jonnu....but it definitely didn't look good.

japan   
6 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

Mike Keith interviewed Vrabel after the game. Keith asked a generic question about injuries, and Vrabel took the opportunity to talk about how much he loves Jonnu. He said Jonnu holds a special place in his mind, for his love of football and the team. Mentioned that he would want his children to be like Jonnu. He said hopefully he won’t be out for too long. 

That sounds like something you say when you know a guy is done.

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Any idea what the record is for consecutive catches on attempts to start the year?  Firkser is at 16.  It can't be much more than that.

Going back to preseason he hasn't dropped a pass.