Thoughts: A Win is A Win

code

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another horribly up and down performance by a team that specializes in being inconsistent. It's maddening, until you learn to let go. I got such a kick out of reading the game thread after we had

McCown is better than Darnold right now. 

This team is no where near close to being a SB contender and today did nothing to make me feel good about next year

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This team is no where near close to being a SB contender and today did nothing to make me feel good about next year

A draft and free agency could make things better, but probably going to take 2 years.

I think I have come to the conclusion that if Marcus had a good to great offensive line, he'd be top 5.  Hear me out, I know true greats can help their line, he ain't of that cloth.  But the odd thing is, with a terrific line, I think he'd be better than some or most of those quarter backs who can make their lines better.   He's the ultimate system quarter back. The flashes he shows are maddening.  It's not a great situation to be in at the moment, but it is kinda fun to think of how things could be.

1 minute ago, MadMax said:

I think I have come to the conclusion that if Marcus had a good to great offensive line, he'd be top 5.  Hear me out, I know true greats can help their line, he ain't of that cloth.  But the odd thing is, with a terrific line, I think he'd be better than some or most of those quarter backs who can make their lines better.   He's the ultimate system quarter back. The flashes he shows are maddening.  It's not a great situation to be in at the moment, but it is kinda fun to think of how things could be.

Dak Prescott was good behind a dominant OL and an awesome running game

It's basically impossible to have and keep those two things though which is why Prescott is so up and down

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Dak Prescott was good behind a dominant OL and an awesome running game

It's basically impossible to have and keep those two things though which is why Prescott is so up and down

Yeah, Dak was good.  I'm saying Marcus would be great.  But behind our putrid line, Dak could possibly be better.

A win is a win.  It's easy to forget that after watching much of this game.  This team is so frustrating to watch, but there were some things that I am glad to see.  It was good to see Marcus take some shots downfield with Taylor.  He has good speed and Davis is being focused on by opposing defenses.  This should open up the run game a bit and I hope it continues.  It was also good to see Tajae making some plays and Batson and Firsker are making the case to see more playing time too.  

I don't think that the defense played particularly well, but Jayon stands out to me and Malcom Butler finally made some plays.  All in all I think we sucked but like you said "a win is a win"

2 minutes ago, Tormentedrose said:

A win is a win.  It's easy to forget that after watching much of this game.  This team is so frustrating to watch, but there were some things that I am glad to see.  It was good to see Marcus take some shots downfield with Taylor.  He has good speed and Davis is being focused on by opposing defenses.  This should open up the run game a bit and I hope it continues.  It was also good to see Tajae making some plays and Batson and Firsker are making the case to see more playing time too.  

I don't think that the defense played particularly well, but Jayon stands out to me and Malcom Butler finally made some plays.  All in all I think we sucked but like you said "a win is a win"

Defense played very well. They had something 130 yds passing and maybe 150 rushing holding them to just FGs.