tgo

Chiefs Release Kareem Hunt (Signed by Browns)

23 minutes ago, nine said:

IMO, the Chiefs' press release made it pretty clear that Hunt wasn't released because of the incident itself.   They cut him when the video proved that he had lied to them about his involvement in the incident...and I can't blame them.

It's kinda understandable that a person might lose his temper during a heated argument....especially when the other person is being  combative and fanning the flames.

But if I'm paying you a ton of money and I come to you behind closed doors and ask you what happened....you damn well better be straight with me.    And if I find out you deliberately lied to my face about it.....then your ass is fired.

Much better stated than my abortion of a post. The Chiefs have shown a willingness to stand behind players. It's clear they were doing the same here until they found out Hunt lied.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

My wife said this morning women have to be accountable when they put their hands on guys. The idea a guy can't get physical is setting equal rights back in her opinion. This is coming from someone with justice/law degrees who has spent years advocating for victims and the disenfranchised. Personally I would never retaliate in the manor Hunt did but that's a personal choice. In the eyes of the law Hunt isnt guilty of anything.

Men and women are not on average physical equals.

14 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Men and women are not on average physical equals.

I know based on your posting history you understand the point I was making. Why the bullshit?

The fact that KC released him immediately after the video leads me to believe there's more that has happened that we will never know.   KC is generally quite tolerant!

He looks like someone with little control over his emotions.  I mean sends his spindly, wasted friend/supplier into the wall.   That's just too far.

45 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Reports are that she was banging on the door for 20 minutes after she was kicked out of the room.

And your handle on how things went down is incorrect. She punched him after she called him the n word and he shoved her. Not after when she's on the ground.

Your racism is clearly showing once again.

Hunt shoves her at the beginning of the video which seems to be the initial escalation to a physical altercation. (Note: at this point the woman shouldn't shove back). He then shoves his friend trying to keep him away from her. He then has to be held back from going after her while she's out of frame. He keeps trying to rush at her. I don't see her punch first in the video. Everyone here seems to be saying something that isn't true.

He seems to be way more to blame for the physical altercation. Being called the n word doesn't legally justify assaulting someone. Side note, I definitely think TMZ obviously made a decision to use a clickbait title so they could make more money. She was not "brutalized."

24 minutes ago, WG53 said:

So what?

Still doesn't make it right for a woman to hit a man anymore than the reverse.

I would agree. It's not right to hit people.

14 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

So...

Women: lightweight champions

Men: punching bags

?

I agree that a person should also not be expected to remain defenseless if being attacked, even if by a weaker person. 

It seems like he struck first though. If you are the less vulnerable person, escalate a situation to physical violence, and persistently try to continue the physical altercation once it's been broken up I think you take most of the blame. He's also obviously an idiot since he had way more to lose.

"Hunt did nothing wrong" seems like a misread of the situation.

48 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I know based on your posting history you understand the point I was making. Why the bullshit?

Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you said in that post. Like I said here I don't think men can never hit a women. But it's very easy for men to have a disproportionate response since men are on average more physically violent and have more physical strength. I also disagree that what Hunt did was within the acceptable ranges of responses to what we know of the situation.

WG53   

She punches him in the face while his friend is holding him back

And this is after she was kicked out the Room for punching one of their friends and for being under age.

Edited by WG53

Number9   

Logic.

If I tell the truth, out the door l go. I’m going to lie and hope the truth doesn’t come out. 

Either l get cut today or this might blow over. My lawyer is going to try to suppress the evidence. We pay the girl to go away. 

What would you do?

3 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I don't snake skanks, but I would guess you met your wife this way?

Sorry Touched, I forgot you’re in to the toons. I bet they even tell you to “fuck off tard.”

1 hour ago, Supernope said:

The fact that KC released him immediately after the video leads me to believe there's more that has happened that we will never know.   KC is generally quite tolerant!

He looks like someone with little control over his emotions.  I mean sends his spindly, wasted friend/supplier into the wall.   That's just too far.

What do you mean?  Other then Tyreek Hill what had the team done?  I must be missing something.

I saw someone (possibly you) reference Jovan Belcher earlier...Im not sure how that has anything to do with the team considering it was basically just the dude snapping -- shot his wife/GF, then blew his brains out in the parking lot.  They  even moved on from Jared Allen way back when he was picking up DUI's faster then sacks and he got the boot.  Again, Im just not sure where the idea that KC is on the same level of Cincy comes from.  Are there any instances I'm just not remembering?