Chiefs Release Kareem Hunt (Signed by Browns)

tgo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sign him now

I'm dead serious, that video was nothing like the Ray Rice video.    The league has gone way overboard

Great move by Browns.   He is from Cleveland area and played college football at Toledo and with Browns showing so much promise, I doubt their fans give them much PR problems for signing Hunt.  They get Hunt on a cheap contract for one year with restricted rights.  With the Browns going from decade+ NFL doormat to new NFL darling team, the NFL will probably rule on the lower end of day for his suspension to keep from tarnishing the Browns. 

I doubt the Browns keep both Chubb and Hunt, I suspect one gets traded by 2019 season trade deadline. 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

He was blackballed but these things are a combination of both headache and ability.  Hunt is still one of the best RBs.  If he was on the downside of his career nobody would bother with him.

So he wasn't blackballed, teams just didn't want to take on the headache because talent. Very different things. Unless the owners collectively agreed upon him never stepping foot in an NFL facility ever again, it was just teams not wanting to deal with the headache.

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I can't imagine there are people that still think that Ray Rice was blackballed from the NFL? It just shows that he wasn't any good and people didn't want to deal with the headache.

Hunt is still really young and just warming up his tires. Rice was on the back 9 of his prime the wrong side of 25 and absolutely not worth the headache. 

12 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On Sportscenter Schefter was suggesting Hunt is looking at a 10-12 week suspension.

Maybe but to me, that does not make sense.  If more than half to three fourths of a season, why not just do the whole season. It seems pointless to let a player just play 6 to 4 games. 

Edited by 9 Nines

12 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

why not just do the whole season

Because that would require signing the guy to a long term contract, this way the NFL can let him showcase himself to the world and let people forget the crime while still having longer of a penalty of other infractions that aren't massive public outcries.

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

If you are well liked and work on an assembly line in Nashville.  What would your punishment be for the same offenses?

If it were a non celebrity, no one, probably even the "victim", would care.  He basically, in an gry state, pushed a lady who refused to leave his party, and suppodely insulted him. The push was light and resulted in her dropping her precious phone about which she cried - boo hoo, my phone is broke is what she cried.   Something like that probably happens 1000s of times a day.

And if this happened even a few years ago with an NFL player, it would probably be on a when-parties-go-bad bloopers show instead of being treated as something serious.

Edited by 9 Nines