Lamar Miller Needs Drug Test

SleepingTitan

Did anyone else notice that this dude all of a sudden had Chris Johnson quickness and speed? I swear my first thought was: this guy needs to be drug tested.

He had an absolute GARBAGE YEAR last year. It's a little crazy to think that a guy in his 7th year could be faster than his first. He did run a 4.4 but jeez...he was a lot faster. 

He out ran Adoree on THE LAST HALF of his 97 yd run. 

Lamar Miller has always been a speed back. He's been miscasted in the Texans' offense. When he played for the Dolphins in 2015, in their game against the Texans, he ran for 175 yards in the first half and even had an 85 yard TD.

The Texans signed him, made him their lead back and started giving 20-25 carries. He gained weight to handle the heavy workload and lost some quickness. In 2018, he dropped the weight and seemed to have regain his quickness. The stupid Texans have also stopped giving him 25+ touches a game.

If you look at the highlights from his 2015 game with the Dolphins, the Texans defense resembles ours. I think the Texans signed him because of this performance against them. At the 3:58 mark, he breaks off an 85 yard run that looks very similar to the 97 yard run.

1 minute ago, Btowner said:

Lamar Miller has always been a speed back. He's been miscasted in the Texans' offense. When he played for the Dolphins in 2015, in their game against the Texans, he ran for 175 yards in the first half and even had an 85 yard TD.

The Texans signed him, made him their lead back and started giving 20-25 carries. He gained weight to handle the heavy workload and lost some quickness. In 2018, he dropped the weight and seemed to have regain his quickness. The stupid Texans have also stopped giving him 25+ touches a game.

If you look at the highlights from his 2015 game with the Dolphins, the Texans defense resembles ours. I think the Texans signed him because of this performance against them. At the 3:58 mark, he breaks off an 85 yard run that looks very similar to the 97 yard run.

You're right...I was watching this game (bloodbath) live and it's the very reason they went after him. Coincidentally, Arian Foster tore his Achilles with 2 mins left in the 4th quarter of this game...ending his Texans career. He appeared the following season for a few games....as a Dolphin.

24 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

You're right...I was watching this game (bloodbath) live and it's the very reason they went after him. Coincidentally, Arian Foster tore his Achilles with 2 mins left in the 4th quarter of this game...ending his Texans career. He appeared the following season for a few games....as a Dolphin.

Gotta buddy who's a die hard Dolphins fan from FL. Every time they have a great back or performance, he posts on FB. Then when Miami gets rid of said back, he posts how they got another one in line that's even better. And they usually do. Not sure why they dump them. 

Miller was super productive on a per carry basis before signing in Houston, he's blazing fast & had a lot of long runs. For various reasons he hasn't done much but exploded on us last night. It's also amazing how much more the Texans get out of their OL, I've literally heard of nobody outside Nick Martin, then we do ours.

9 minutes ago, Face said:

Miller was super productive on a per carry basis before signing in Houston, he's blazing fast & had a lot of long runs. For various reasons he hasn't done much but exploded on us last night. It's also amazing how much more the Texans get out of their OL, I've literally heard of nobody outside Nick Martin, then we do ours.

Their OL personnel is garbage. 

It's because of Devlin, their OL coach, and the scheme. 

It is absolutely critical and necessary for our success next year that Keith Carter is fired and replaced with a top flight OL coach. 

44 minutes ago, tgo said:

Their OL personnel is garbage. 

It's because of Devlin, their OL coach, and the scheme. 

It is absolutely critical and necessary for our success next year that Keith Carter is fired and replaced with a top flight OL coach. 

The Texans' OL has been terrible this season. Watson was getting hit at a record pace. After getting a partially collapsed lung and broken rib, they changed the scheme to protect him at all cost. The changes included more run heavy sets with 2 and 3 TEs, constant chipping from their RBs and fewer 4 WR formations. This sounds exactly like what Mularkey did to protect Mariota.

I still don't think the Texans are as good as they played on Monday. The combination of the owner's death and O'Brien getting embarrassed by Vrabel in the first meeting played a huge factor in their performance.

5 minutes ago, Btowner said:

The Texans' OL has been terrible this season. Watson was getting hit at a record pace. After getting a partially collapsed lung and broken rib, they changed the scheme to protect him at all cost. The changes included more run heavy sets with 2 and 3 TEs, constant chipping from their RBs and fewer 4 WR formations. This sounds exactly like what Mularkey did to protect Mariota.

I still don't think the Texans are as good as they played on Monday. The combination of the owner's death and O'Brien getting embarrassed by Vrabel in the first meeting played a huge factor in their performance.

Along with the combination of the Titans sucking ass. 

5 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Hey Touched, other than the obvious, do you see any pattern that you use with The Tard Army?

Archived