Post week 12 mock draft. First of the year. Not very big

kyle021

This is all precedented on Smith’s continued progress as a receiver, Walker returning as well as Woodyard, Vaccaro, Spain and restructuring Ryan. 

Orakpo and Morgan walk and we give Byard a big deal, part of which comes from Morgan and Orakpos freed up money and a little from Ryan’s restructure. 

I believe Ryan is due like 9-10 mill and hopefully we can get him to restructure and extend him 3 years at 7 mill a year. 

Cut Kline and Stocker and Ben Jones and Cyprien 

Trade Henry. 

we we have a good amount of cap after retaining Vaccaro for 2 years for 10 million and Byard at 6 years for roughly 11 million a year. I’m not up to date on the highest S pay but I do believe it’s around 12 a year. 

Free agency I spend my resources going after interior OL, and a pass rusher and role players. 

First big signing makes up for the man JR missed on last year

Players I pay in FA

Mitch Morse - C

• One of the best young centers in the game and he is the glue to the KC OL and knows how to play in this scheme. Athletic and powerful and smart. 

• 5 years - 40 million with 24 guaranteed. 

Roger Saffold

• Can backup RT as he was drafted to be a RT but his true position is RG and he is really fucking good. He’s not the best. Not even the best on the open market and this draft has really good OL which will drove the FA price down. 

• 5 years - 36 million with 20 guaranteed. 

• Could be expendable after 2 years when it’s time to pay Conk

Logan Paulsen - TE

• great blocking TE. Zone scheme friendly. Put him next to Saffold and Conklin and watch that right side of the OL become dominant again and open lanes for our backs

3 years - 12 million with 6 guaranteed 

John Brown - WR

• I was banging the table to sign him last year and prior to Jackson taking over he was looking like he was having a career year. He’s been healthy and impossible for defenses to defend. Him and Flacco were looking like a great tandem prior to Flacco injury and with Jackson back there it diminishes Browns value. 

Brown is perfect fit here. He is what Taylor isn’t in this stage yet and he can play outside or inside and can flat out take the top off a defense. He’s worth every penny. 

Davis, Brown, Sharpe, Taylor, Walker make for a damn good shotgun package. 

•3 years - 24 million with 13 guaranteed. 

Malcom Brown - DT

• It wouldn’t be an off-season if we didn’t add an ex patriot. Brown is a really good player. Not great at anything but really good at everything. He isn’t an upgrade to Johnson but in passing downs he upgrades Logan and Jones. He’s a scheme fit. 

3 years - 18 million with 9 guaranteed. 

So

starting OL would be

Lewan, Spain, Morse, Saffold, Conklin

Paulsen the blocking TE with Walker and Smith as the passing options in 3 TE 1 WR 1 RB sets. We can now run effectively behind that OL and Paulsen and Walker on the edges vs what we have now and Stocker and Smith. 

Starting WR are Davis, Brown, Taylor and Sharpe with Jennings and Batson backing them up. 

Defensively you put Jones at NT over Logan and put Brown in the rotation at DT with Casey and Johnson. Much better. Plus a rook. 

Yeah we let Woodyard come back for another season. Brown looks like he is a starter and Evans is trending way up. So keep Woodyard for his play and leadership and limit his snaps to keep him effect and fresh all year. 

What’re we going to do at OLB though? We have no one outside of Landry that can start and change the game. Landry needs a mate. Finch and Correa are quality depth that needs to be kept, but this draft is deep and I’m not over paying. I’ll put my money on experienced OL and a damn good WR and blocking TE and use this draft to solidify my front 7

Draft

1) Clelin Ferrell - OLB - Clemson

- top 5 talent that gets pushed down bc of Williams, Bosa, Oliver, Gary and the OT’s and QB. The downside? We give up a future 2nd in ‘20 and 3rd in ‘21 and send Henry if we can to get up from late teens early 20 to roughly pick 10 to get him. 

2) Jeffery Tillery - DT

- Talk about a man among boys. This guy does it all and is as disruptive as they come on the interior DL. Add some bulk and pass rush to this front 7 and watch the defense transform. Ferrell and Tillery and addition of Brown > Logan, Orakpo, Morgan

3) Rodney Anderson - RB - OU

- If not for injuries this guy is a top 20 pick. He is perfect for the zone scheme. He reminds me of Arian Foster. He is a stud. Pass blocking is top notch. Finesse for his size. Great initial burst. See’s the hole well and hits it hard. Is patient. He is an everydown back. I would use him 15-20 times a game and on first and second downs and have Lewis spell him on third downs. I 

Durability concerns however push him into day 2

The rest of the picks need to be OL and TE and WR

i would hope and pray Grier or Finley would be around in 4

7 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

We currently have the 14th pick

sigh. you never think these things through. Tell us how the Titans are going to move up from 14 to 10 without giving up picks? Don't say Henry has thats a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

sigh. you never think these things through. Tell us how the Titans are going to move up from 14 to 10 without giving up picks? Don't say Henry has thats a pipe dream.

I told y’all how the Rams would move 15 to 1 and was laughed at. Almost laughed off the board

@Kyle021

We’re in rare alignment on FA

My offseason plan has us signing Morse, Saffold, Jamon Brown/Tony Bergstrom.

Restructure Cyprien and release Kline and Jones and trade Henry for a low round pick. 

As well as signing Trey Flowers and a mid grade WR like Humphries or Enunwa, but John Brown works too and provides prowess. 

Floyd Reese said on the radio yesterday that half the problem with the interior OL is that they’re not big enough. So this plan fixes that shit! (Duly noted that size doesn’t matter as much for a zone blocking scheme). 

Looks like it would cost $3.5M to release Kline vs $5.75M in 2019 to retain him.  Depends how much Jrob is willing to eat on that one.

Ben Jones is going into his final year of his contract and would only cost $875K to release.  A good center could make the guards look a lot better.

Not bad. I like a lot of those moves. Wish the pick was Josh Allen though.

A lot of the mocks seem to have him going in the 10-15 range, which is right where we are projected right to pick at the moment.  

Archived