Titans have now conceded a league worst 39 sacks through 11 games

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our interior OL is pedestrian at best, but with the talent we have at OT - the coaching problem here cannot be ignored.    The blocking schemes are poor - go look at the Ravens game and then

Kline absolutely needs to go. JRob paid the wrong guard. 

Doesn't help when the "passer's" oblivious to surroundings, moving right into sacks. A high number of these are literally on the QB. I know people wanna blame the O-Line, it just ain't so. 

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With the resources poured into the OL it's an absolute disgrace that we have now reached the depths of being worst in the NFL for conceding sacks, the amount of penalties blown on the OL is also starting to become a problem in recent weeks.

There are obvious personnel issues with the OL which JRob will need to address, but it's also mind boggling that Vrabel isn't holding Keith Carter accountable for this shit show.

As many have pointed out Ken Whisenhunt was fired for not protecting Mariota, what is happening this year is worse than what was going on in Mariota's first season.

The only considerable resources poured into the OL have been Lewan's massive deal and Conklin being picked with the 8th overall pick. Lewan has been a disappointment, but Conklin is apparently still making his way back from the ACL. The rest? I wouldn't say they qualify as "considerable", which is what we need to put into rebuilding the interior. New center and at least one new guard, maybe both guards.

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mularkey's outdated scheme looks pretty good to me

Almost Half the games this season we’ve looked better than we ever did in mularkey a scheme. 

Its the other half... the ones where they force the run game and it actually looks like a mularkey scheme... those are the games that have been complete shit. 

Regardless.. with less receiving talent than last year our pass game looks miles better

11 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Ouch...

This doesn’t tell the story of how lost jones was on multiple pass blocks and pulls. There’s was times he was literally blocking no one and not looking to help. Just backing up with no one in front of him. 

10 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The only considerable resources poured into the OL have been Lewan's massive deal and Conklin being picked with the 8th overall pick. Lewan has been a disappointment, but Conklin is apparently still making his way back from the ACL. The rest? I wouldn't say they qualify as "considerable", which is what we need to put into rebuilding the interior. New center and at least one new guard, maybe both guards.

Didn’t lewan also miss a significant portion of install time this offseason? 

15 minutes ago, oldschool said:

And snubbed Spain in the process multiple times. The musiccitymiricles.com piece lays it out nicely. Spain likely walks.

It's not going to be easy if we have to upgrade all 3 IOL positions in one offseason, the FA market is extremely shallow at C/G and there are plenty of teams that are going to be competing for the same handful of decent IOL guys.

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

This doesn’t tell the story of how lost jones was on multiple pass blocks and pulls. There’s was times he was literally blocking no one and not looking to help. Just backing up with no one in front of him. 

Agreed. Dude looks like DH out their trying to block. He's not having a good year at all. I wonder what his issue is. I'm thinking maybe his weaknesses were being hidden by other players. Maybe the line is individually sick of making up for everybody else's shit. Lewan and Spain are our best guys. Scary. 

FA might be weak next year, but there will be a good amount of linemen avail. I say we draft a tackle that is really an NFL G, somebody nasty with a penchant for running people over, draft an oversized center to fight for the job, and bring in a better G. 

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

And snubbed Spain in the process multiple times. The musiccitymiricles.com piece lays it out nicely. Spain likely walks.

Cut Kline. Pay Spain. Apologize. Move on. If Spain wanted out, he'd already be out. We need somebody to compete against Jones. Kline is good depth, but Jrob should send a message.