Serious Question: Did Vrabel Forget The Game was in the 4th Quarter?

Yoshimitsu

This is regarding the punt on 4th down with 8 mins left, down 3 TDs.  

Also, very cool seeing our CTE coach smiling on the sidelines while Adoree was injured on the field...and not even considering that the Titans were in the midst of having their asses kicked.  

Just now, Former_Fan said:

Vrabel is in over his head. It is understandable being a first year HC, but it is becoming hard to stay patient when we are on a continuous carousel of turnover from the management down.

There is being in over your head and then there are mistakes that make me wonder if his brain looks like Swiss cheese.  This was some Mike Martz level clock management.   

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

There's also taking a handful of seconds of a tv broadcast widely out of proportion and inferring things that aren't there.

This isn’t the first time he’s made a questionable strategic call.  This, to me, is the strangest.  Punt the ball and let the game clock bleed out...I can see that.  Punt the ball only to call a timeout to scramble the offense back on the field in some weird attempt at scoring with less than 2 minutes remaining doesn’t make sense.  

I still think vrabel is forcing himself and his plans into the offense. 

Theres zero reason to throw only 23 times today ... especially when your QB is in the high 90s completion percentage and throwing for a high yard per attempt. 

7 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I still think vrabel is forcing himself and his plans into the offense. 

Theres zero reason to throw only 23 times today ... especially when your QB is in the high 90s completion percentage and throwing for a high yard per attempt. 

Does the 23 times also count the attempts where Mariota was sacked/ran?  Honest question, as I feel that either the Titans receivers played horribly or, like last week, Mariota again became gun shy.  

8 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Does the 23 times also count the attempts where Mariota was sacked/ran?  Honest question, as I feel that either the Titans receivers played horribly or, like last week, Mariota again became gun shy.  

I need to rewatch. All I got was a shitty stream driving across Taiwan. But from what I could tell there was almost no time to throw and the run/pass split was even ... even when we were down 3 scores. 

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Idk why we even ran plays on the last possession but I do know putting our injury prone QB in a 4th and long against that pass rush with our beat up line is not a smart play. Especially since we mathematically still have a shot. 

At least we could run quick throws on the last possession even though that too is a unnecessary risk. But a 4th and long is an even bigger one. 

I could even buy that if it was 4th and 10+,  but it was a 4th and 8, and that’s a play that can be made.  I’m sure they have plays specifically for that situation.  On top of that they had Mariota running on plays so I doubt it was to protect the QB.  It’s one of the strangest clock management calls I’ve seen.  

Archived