How crazy is this?

abenjami

In one of my money leagues, I have a stacked team. But I keep losing every week. 

I’m currently the highest scoring team and I’m in last place. It’s nuts. My team is constantly outscoring almost everyone but my opponent. 

I’ve been playing fantasy football since the early 1990’s and I’ve never seen anything like this. 

In case anyone is wondering, here is my starting lineup. 

Luck

Chubb

Aaron Jones

Thielen

Michael Thomas

Hopkins

Ebron

Gotskowski

Jags Defense

Flex - Normally Corey Davis or Ekeler but I also got Gus Edwards

I've had the same thing happen.

On the other end of the spectrum I once had a shit team and kept getting lucky and actually made the SB before losing. 

I was the lowest scoring team for the league 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Worst kept secret in fantasy sports. PA is a huge factor in who wins at the end of the day. Most of time the teams with the lower PA usually have a better record. 

Sure, but I'm not talking about having an undeserving record or not making the playoffs.  Have you ever seen the top scoring team in the league finish in last place?  

Luck, Thielen, and Hopkins are the only players that I see who have been consistently high output players just about every game this year. Other players like Chubb, Jones, and even Michael Thomas have been up and down. Thomas especially has had some monster games, but he's also put up some duds if your league isn't PPR.

I have somewhat of a similar situation with a team I have. I've got Mahomes, Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Ertz, and ABrown. You'd think I would be cleaning up in the league, but I'm 5-6/soon to be 5-7 as the highest scoring team in the league.

Luck of the draw. You just pulled a shitty schedule. Caught everyone on the wrong days.

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

Sure, but I'm not talking about having an undeserving record or not making the playoffs.  Have you ever seen the top scoring team in the league finish in last place?  

I've seen high scorer finish second to last but never last.

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Luck, Thielen, and Hopkins are the only players that I see who have been consistently high output players just about every game this year. 

I’ve started the Bears defense and Ertz and it’s given me a huge edge weekly they’ve been so consistent 

15 hours ago, abenjami said:

Injuries arent the only reason DFS became so popular. 

On 11/25/2018 at 11:51 PM, abenjami said:

In one of my money leagues, I have a stacked team. But I keep losing every week. 

I’m currently the highest scoring team and I’m in last place. It’s nuts. My team is constantly outscoring almost everyone but my opponent. 

I’ve been playing fantasy football since the early 1990’s and I’ve never seen anything like this. 

In case anyone is wondering, here is my starting lineup. 

Luck

Chubb

Aaron Jones

Thielen

Michael Thomas

Hopkins

Ebron

Gotskowski

Jags Defense

Flex - Normally Corey Davis or Ekeler but I also got Gus Edwards

Man,  I feel your pain. Mine hasn't been that bad, but I have a pretty solid team in a 12-team league full of long-time, knowledgeable fantasy players. 

I have Mahomes, Gordon, Thomas, and Kittle. Will Lutz is my kicker (got me 17 points one week!).  I'm the 4th highest scoring team, but currently in 9th place. I have to win this week to make the playoffs so of course, Gordon is out. Mahomes has the Raiders though so hopefully he goes off. 

Btw, how in the world did you get Thielen, Thomas, and Hopkins?!

53 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Nice. Thielen went early round 3 in my money league.

I just went back to see where he went in my other money leagues.

4th round in one, 8th pick in the 3rd in another.

What is funny is that I took Royce Freeman in round 3.

Archived