Even with a loss..

kgsTitan

11 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

..tomorrow night, plus another loss (@ NYG), I still have the Titans getting the #6 seed on the ESPN playoff machine, picking ALL other games straight, (without consideration of the Titans impact aside from giving us home wins vs. NYJ, JAX, WASH, & IND.) 

Beating the Colts is an issue, obviously, but I was surprised to see we would likely get the #6 seed (going to #3 Houston) just by winning our remaining home games, and everything else going essentially as expected.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night, and I'm expecting a bad loss. If we can pull it out though, I'll be ecstatic and shocked. Now that I see how realistic the path is, even with a loss, I'm just going to have a good time with my friends and not worry about it. A win is a bonus, somewhat.

Pick the remaining games as straight as you can, and see if you come up with something vastly different than the following:

#1 KC

#2 NE

#3 HOU

#4 PIT

#5 LAC

#6 TEN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I will be there as well. What section will you be in?

Hasn't every single game gone differently than popular opinion suggested? It honestly seems like this team likes to surprise people (good and bad). They're just an erratic team. It wouldn't surprise me if we win or if we get destroyed. 

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

If the Titans lose to the Giants and end up 9-7 while the Broncos beat the 49ers and also end up 9-7 then each team would be 6-6 in the AFC (the Titans and Broncos would both be 3-1 against the NFC).  The next tie-breaker is common opponents.  The Titans would be 2-3 while the Broncos would be 1-4.  The Broncos lost to the Ravens, Jets, would lose to the Chargers and lost to the Texans.  The Titans beat the Texans and would beat the Jets.  If the Broncos were to beat the Chargers and lose to someone else then I have no idea who would win because it would come down to strength of victory.  Both teams would have wins against good teams and wins against teams with poor records.

9-7 assumes the Titans lose to the Texans and Colts and the Broncos to the Chargers. That puts the Broncos at one more conf win. 

17 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The division title doesn't matter and the wildcard doesn't matter. The Jets don't matter and neither do the Jaguars, Giants, Redskins, or Colts.

The only thing that matters right now are the Texans. Because if the Titans are serious about wanting to make the playoffs then the playoffs have to start tomorrow night. The way the team plays has to change. The intensity level has to go up, the sense of urgency has to go up, and the level of consistency has to go up. This Jeckyl and Hyde shit has to fucking stop. It's the only way to 100% ensure that they play into January, Division title or not.

Show this to the players

19 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

I was surprised at how untrue that is. I thought the same, but 9-7 gets us in as long as KC, NE, PIT, LAC and HOU win the games they'll be heavily favored in.

For example, we really need Houston to beat Indy at home, and KC and LAC to beat Baltimore.

The division will be lost tomorrow night, more than likely, but the #6 is very alive.

I'm really not talking about the odds in certain scenarios. More about the play of the team. This is a game we need to win from a talent stand point. If we lose it will be hard to look ahead at what games we can actually win.