AussieTitanFan08

UMass WR Andy Isabella

Rolltide   
On 11/28/2018 at 4:11 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Will depend on how he performs at the Senior Bowl and Combine, but if he runs as expected at the combine (low 4.3s) its hard to see him making it into the 3rd round given the NFL's desire for elite speed.

The one offensive player I want the Titans to get in this draft is Iowa TE TJ Hockenson, he is a George Kittle clone, can destroy guys as a blocker and can also be a valuable weapon in the passing game, he would be an immediate help to this offense.

Hockenson does not have the speed that kittle has. He is not a matchup nightmare and cannot stretch the field. A nice overall player though.  

Rolltide   
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, Kyle021 said:

Isabella and Campbell are two of my favorites behind Brown and Harmon

i just don’t want Metcalf

You are high. Isabella is another one of those little, super fast(40 not on the field) guys who will be hard pressed to crack 10 yards a catch in the NFL. See Tavon Austin and John Ross. 

Because of his 40 time some idiot team will take a chance on him early and get burnt. 

Metcalf had one the sickest workouts in the history of the combine. At 228  lbs he ran a 4.33 40. 40.5 inch vertical and listed 27 reps. He is a fucking beast and should be the top WR taken in the draft. 

Anybody looking for a third rd WR look at Hakeem Butler from Iowa state. He is Plaxico Burress reincarnated and was hugely productive in the big 12 last year. 

Rolltide   

The 2 top play makers at the Te/WR positions in this draft are Metcalf and Fant. Later on take Butler. 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, Rolltide said:

You are high. Isabella is another one of those little, super fast(40 not on the field) guys who will be hard pressed to crack 10 yards a catch in the NFL. See Tavon Austin and John Ross. 

Because of his 40 time some idiot team will take a chance on him early and get burnt. 

Metcalf had one the sickest workouts in the history of the combine. At 228  lbs he ran a 4.33 40. 40.5 inch vertical and listed 27 reps. He is a fucking beast and should be the top WR taken in the draft. 

Anybody looking for a third rd WR look at Hakeem Butler from Iowa state. He is Plaxico Burress reincarnated and was hugely productive in the big 12 last year. 

the worry with metcalf is that he has no agility... and it showed in his combine tests. he also had pretty subpar production for as much of a gifted athlete as he is. and he's injured all the time - likely from using too many steroids. 

isabella at least has elite production... and cleaner injury history. 

but they arent really comparable as players. they are two different guys. i dont think most teams would look at both to fill one hole. more that they would draft the one who fits the role they need to fill. 

Soxcat   
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Rolltide said:

I think Isabella is a better prospect than Ross or Austin IMO.  He is going to be a Welker like player with the additional ability to stretch the field with his speed. 

Metcalf can develop into a decent WR but I don't see him anything close to the level of a guy like Julio.  He lacks some flexibility and agility.  I'd much rather have a guy like Hopkins who bends like a pretzel and adjusts to the ball.  Oh, he only ran a 4.6.  How about JuJu Smith-Schuster?  Possibly the best WR in his draft.  Ran a 4.54 and only jumped 32.  As for Isabella, his speed is a bonus.  He has way more than that which IMO makes him a very good option and probably doesn't make it to our 2nd round pick. 

Rolltide   
22 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I think Isabella is a better prospect than Ross or Austin IMO

Ross was the 9th pick in 2017 and Austin was the 8th pick in 2013. Isabella is better in your view so he is going to be a top 7 pick? 20/20 hindsight tells us that this type of player does not usually succeed in the nfl but that was how they were viewed as prospects. I bet Ross was the #2 WR on Robby's list after Corey Davis. 

Wes Welker is an anomaly, nobody could have predicted his success. He would not have even been drafted has it not been for his punt return ability. Comparing people to Welker is stupid. 

Soxcat   
26 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Ross was the 9th pick in 2017 and Austin was the 8th pick in 2013. Isabella is better in your view so he is going to be a top 7 pick? 20/20 hindsight tells us that this type of player does not usually succeed in the nfl but that was how they were viewed as prospects. I bet Ross was the #2 WR on Robby's list after Corey Davis. 

Wes Welker is an anomaly, nobody could have predicted his success. He would not have even been drafted has it not been for his punt return ability. Comparing people to Welker is stupid. 

The proof is in their production.  Not where they were picked in the draft.  Ross and Austin have been busts so far.  So saying Isabella is a better prospect isn't going on out on a ledge.  He could be an average WR and prove my point.  Also, my point is if you get enamored by size, speed and pick your WRs that way you end up with Hayward-Bey or some other dud.  Rarely unless it is a Julio or Calvin Johnson does the biggest fastest guy prevail.  I just pointed out Smith Schuster was the best WR in his draft class.  Oh, betting Ross was on JRob's list might be true but you have zero evidence for that being the case.  Not to mention all of us unprofessional arm chair GMs were saying the guy was fragile and that as been the case.

By the way the Pats gave up a 2nd round pick for Welker as a RFA.  Sure some guys get overlooked.  Isabella isn't going to be one of them.

Here is the way I see things right now at WR in this draft.  The value is 2nd, 3rd round.  CBS ranks Deebo Samuel at the #45th best player.  Riley Ridley, Parish Campbell, your guy Butler, Emanual Hall and a little later Isabella and McLaurin.  Some quality ..... and fast guys on that list.  Could be some real good value. 

Rolltide   
35 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The proof is in their production.  Not where they were picked in the draft.  Ross and Austin have been busts so far.  So saying Isabella is a better prospect isn't going on out on a ledge.  He could be an average WR and prove my point.  Also, my point is if you get enamored by size, speed and pick your WRs that way you end up with Hayward-Bey or some other dud.  Rarely unless it is a Julio or Calvin Johnson does the biggest fastest guy prevail.  I just pointed out Smith Schuster was the best WR in his draft class.  Oh, betting Ross was on JRob's list might be true but you have zero evidence for that being the case.  Not to mention all of us unprofessional arm chair GMs were saying the guy was fragile and that as been the case.

By the way the Pats gave up a 2nd round pick for Welker as a RFA.  Sure some guys get overlooked.  Isabella isn't going to be one of them.

Here is the way I see things right now at WR in this draft.  The value is 2nd, 3rd round.  CBS ranks Deebo Samuel at the #45th best player.  Riley Ridley, Parish Campbell, your guy Butler, Emanual Hall and a little later Isabella and McLaurin.  Some quality ..... and fast guys on that list.  Could be some real good value. 

You used the word "prospect". """""I think Isabella is a better prospect than Ross or Austin IMO""""""... I was on gotitans saying that drafting Tavon Austin would be a huge mistake back in 2013. I was on this site saying that drafting john Ross would be a big mistake. Probably half or more of the GMs in the nfl did not agree with me and would have also taken those busts shortly after had the Rams and Bengals passed on them. 

FYI there was a whole thread pertaining to the Titans having a major interest in John Ross. Could be subterfuge but I believe that Robby had a major hard on for Ross but just like Corey Davis a bit better. 

Rolltide   

Here is the thread. It says the Titans were major league interested in that guy. A guy at the Washington pro day said the titans had the MOST INTEREST IN HIM. 

Here is what a poster named Rolltide said about him. "

"Disagree. He was not a big time prospect coming out of high school and only had one productive year at Washington. He has the look of a Tavon Austin to me. "

Probably not a good idea to argue with that tide fellow. 

Edited by Rolltide

Soxcat   
1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

You used the word "prospect". """""I think Isabella is a better prospect than Ross or Austin IMO""""""... I was on gotitans saying that drafting Tavon Austin would be a huge mistake back in 2013. I was on this site saying that drafting john Ross would be a big mistake. Probably half or more of the GMs in the nfl did not agree with me and would have also taken those busts shortly after had the Rams and Bengals passed on them. 

FYI there was a whole thread pertaining to the Titans having a major interest in John Ross. Could be subterfuge but I believe that Robby had a major hard on for Ross but just like Corey Davis a bit better. 

My guess is that the kid from Clemson was ahead of Ross but who knows.  Either way many like yourself predicted he would be a bust and so far he is.  Heck, if you want him he can be had for a middle round pick. 

Justafan   

A highly productive kid with elite speed.  He should definitely be on the Titans radar.  This is exactly the type of player the offense needs and he seems like the type of personality the front office is attracted to.