Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Going back and reading some of my draft related posts from November/Early December, nothing much has changed for me over the last 5 months, I still would take Hockenson at #19 if he was available, and if he is gone I would still take either Ford/Lindstrom.

Would also still be happy taking Khalen Saunders, the only thing that has really changed for me is I wouldn't take Andy Isabella anymore now we have Adam Humphries, if we go WR I think we need someone that has functional speed and has great hands and a bigger body, apart from Davis our WR group doesn't have much of a physical presence.

Justafan   
11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Going back and reading some of my draft related posts from November/Early December, nothing much has changed for me over the last 5 months, I still would take Hockenson at #19 if he was available, and if he is gone I would still take either Ford/Lindstrom.

Would also still be happy taking Khalen Saunders, the only thing that has really changed for me is I wouldn't take Andy Isabella anymore now we have Adam Humphries, if we go WR I think we need someone that has functional speed and has great hands and a bigger body, apart from Davis our WR group doesn't have much of a physical presence.

How early do you see Saunders?  I've seen a bunch of mocks with him going in the fourth but with as often as his name has been mentioned, it leads me to believe there is a lot of interest and he'll likely go earlier.

I've been all over the map but I like your plan, I just think Hockenson is long gone by 19 and to get Saunders, you likely have to take him at 51 which is a little rich for my tastes if I'm honest.  I really like JJAW in the third, if he makes it that far, to give that presence you mentioned.  There are other WRs as well but he's a guy I keep coming back to.

Just now, Justafan said:

How early do you see Saunders?  I've seen a bunch of mocks with him going in the fourth but with as often as his name has been mentioned, it leads me to believe there is a lot of interest and he'll likely go earlier.

I've been all over the map but I like your plan, I just think Hockenson is long gone by 19 and to get Saunders, you likely have to take him at 51 which is a little rich for my tastes if I'm honest.  I really like JJAW in the third, if he makes it that far, to give that presence you mentioned.  There are other WRs as well but he's a guy I keep coming back to.

Saunders is a day 2 guy, someone is going to take him in the top 75 picks.

tgo   
10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No idea why the draft media was so late on Lindstrom, he was a possible first round guy after he was flat out destroying everyone at the Senior Bowl.

Curious to see what the Eagles do in the first round, has been some crazy rumors around them making a huge jump up inside the top 10, also have been heavily linked with Jeffery Simmons, they were also very noticeable at the Boston College pro day where they spent a lot of time working out Lindstrom.

I think a trade down beyond Philadelphia and Indianapolis is dangerous given that Philly could take Lindstrom or Simmons and Indy could take Simmons. 

We could end up choosing from some lower ranked guys like Collier, Tillery etc rather than true first rounders. Different caliber of player from guys like Wilkins, Lindstrom, Lawrence, Simmons, Hollywood Brown it seems like. 

ctm   
1 hour ago, Justafan said:

I think the Titans are more likely to get Saunders in the 3rd than JJAW.

Justafan   
20 minutes ago, ctm said:

I think the Titans are more likely to get Saunders in the 3rd than JJAW.

You might be right.  There's definitely going to be a run on 2nd round WRs and he has a nice skillset.  

ctm   
2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

You might be right.  There's definitely going to be a run on 2nd round WRs and he has a nice skillset.  

The question about JJAW has always been his speed.  Then he didn't run at the combine.  Then at his pro-day on 4/4/19 he ran a 4.48 and put that question to rest.  Internet mocks that have him going in the 3rd, are behind the times, imo.

Justafan   
Just now, ctm said:

The question about JJAW has always been his speed.  Then he didn't run at the combine.  Then at his pro-day on 4/4/19 he ran a 4.48 and put that question to rest.  Internet mocks that have him going in the 3rd, are behind the times, imo.

Yea, that sounds reasonable.  

tgo   
1 hour ago, ctm said:

So ran faster than Taywan Taylor then? 

Obviously Taylor is faster on the field though. 

Justafan   
23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Have the Titans met with Daniel Jones? Asking for a friend

Why in the world would you want Daniel Jones?  59% passer who averaged 6.4 yards per attempt in college and never eclipsed 3000 yards in 3 years of starting at Duke, going up against the ACC...   Ugh.  

Oh yea, he's also got that thin lower body that I know you covet.  

OILERMAN   
12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Why in the world would you want Daniel Jones?  59% passer who averaged 6.4 yards per attempt in college and never eclipsed 3000 yards in 3 years of starting at Duke, going up against the ACC...   Ugh.  

So potential upgrade? 

Justafan   
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

So potential upgrade? 

Honestly, I would be fine if they drafted Grier in the second (assuming he lasted that long).  Huge investment in the QB position but it would give the Titans some real options there if Mariota fails to stay healthy and they don't want to move forward with him going into 2020.  

I don't think they'll do it but I like Grier in the second a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT more than I like Jones in the first which is what it would take to get him.  

And no.  I don't believe it would be an upgrade, though I know you're being sarcastic (kinda). 

tgo   
17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Oh yea, he's also got that thin lower body that I know you covet.  

He actually looked pretty bad during most of senior bowl week. 

tgo   
1 minute ago, Justafan said:

Honestly, I would be fine if they drafted Grier in the second (assuming he lasted that long).  Huge investment in the QB position but it would give the Titans some real options there if Mariota fails to stay healthy and they don't want to move forward with him going into 2020.  

I don't think they'll do it but I like Grier in the second a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT more than I like Jones in the first which is what it would take to get him.  

And no.  I don't believe it would be an upgrade, though I know you're being sarcastic (kinda). 

I’d be fine with Grier in the 2nd.