Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Kyle021   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

According to Schefter the Browns GM John Dorsey has a player he covets in the first round, and will attempt to trade back into the first round to acquire him.

I can see it being Devin Bush or Byron Murphy. 

Maybe just maybe it’s Simmons

On 4/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, BeedoeLaw said:

I just don't see us being in a position to draft a player in the first round that is going to need to sit out the whole year. We are not a perennial contender. We need players that can help us now. There is going to be someone available at 19 that will be able to help immediately. Now if we can trade back, take him later, and pick up a 2nd round pick, that would be appealing. But I say no to picking Simmons at 19.

Beedoe bringin' the logic.

21 minutes ago, tgo said:

No idea why the draft media was so late on Lindstrom, he was a possible first round guy after he was flat out destroying everyone at the Senior Bowl.

Curious to see what the Eagles do in the first round, has been some crazy rumors around them making a huge jump up inside the top 10, also have been heavily linked with Jeffery Simmons, they were also very noticeable at the Boston College pro day where they spent a lot of time working out Lindstrom.

40 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Beedoe bringin' the logic.

I thought we might have interest in Simmons, but the closer we get the more I think that's not the case, at least not in round 1. If Simmons fell like Landry where JR could trade up in round 2, maybe that's a different story.

I feel like JR prefers to take someone with his R1 pick who has as few question marks as possible. I also think he'd like someone who could start very quickly. That could point to a guy like Lindstrom where there's a gaping hole at RG.

Just now, socaltitan said:

I thought we might have interest in Simmons, but the closer we get the more I think that's not the case, at least not in round 1. If Simmons fell like Landry where JR could trade up in round 2, maybe that's a different story.

I feel like JR prefers to take someone with his R1 pick who has as few question marks as possible. I also think he'd like someone who could start very quickly. That could point to a guy like Lindstrom where there's a gaping hole at RG.

The Vikings are likely going OL right before us at pick #18, they could easily take Ford/Lindstrom or even Bradbury.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No idea why the draft media was so late on Lindstrom, he was a possible first round guy after he was flat out destroying everyone at the Senior Bowl.

Curious to see what the Eagles do in the first round, has been some crazy rumors around them making a huge jump up inside the top 10, also have been heavily linked with Jeffery Simmons, they were also very noticeable at the Boston College pro day where they spent a lot of time working out Lindstrom.

Can't imagine they'd trade up that high for Lindstrom or Simmons. Maybe Ed Oliver would be my guess. Or one of the LB (Devin Bush, Devin White)

11 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

There's also the lessons learned in Drafting Dodd and Davis.  Davis ended up a late bloomer and Dodd is toast.

Does anyone think JRob believes the 3rd time's a charm?

'Cuz I damn sure don't.

Just now, socaltitan said:

Can't imagine they'd trade up that high for Lindstrom or Simmons. Maybe Ed Oliver would be my guess. Or one of the LB (Devin Bush, Devin White)

The Eagles at #25 has long been speculated as the floor for Simmons.

Justafan   
13 minutes ago, ctm said:

Lindstrom is who the Titans are targeting.

Yup.  I think you're right.  Instant plug and play, lots of connections and contacts with Lindstrom, big need, shown a big investment in improving the offense, downplayed the need at Edge.  All signs point towards Lindstrom at 19 imo.  

ctm   
2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Yup.  I think you're right.  Instant plug and play, lots of connections and contacts with Lindstrom, big need, shown a big investment in improving the offense, downplayed the need at Edge.  All signs point towards Lindstrom at 19 imo.  

He started 36 games at RG and 12 more at RT for BC.  He's the definition of plug and play for the Titans.

Justafan   
1 minute ago, ctm said:

He started 36 games at RG and 12 more at RT for BC.  He's the definition of plug and play for the Titans.

He checks off a ton of the Jrob boxes.  Production, character, need position, he's got some of the quickest feet in the draft and we know Jrob prefers linemen with quick feet.